[NEohioPAL]Suspect Casting

MikeAnthNort at aol.com MikeAnthNort at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 05:44:40 PST 2005

-------------------------------1105537480

Dear College Student,

Having tried myself to put together a beautiful (sue me!) ensemble for an
independent movie once in Chicago--prior to establishing a "legit" film
company--I at least know how complicated it can be what with all the countless steps
needing to be taken prior to a shoot.  Althouth Lucas (who I do not know) failed
to request a resume, he did explain in detail the gist of the movie he's
making, along with the dates and a few other notes.   Measures that can be taken
on your part include writing the requestor (email first) and probing for more
information, asking for references to the project, setting up a cell phone or
other phone line dedicated for calls incoming from film biz prospectors, and
asking if it's okay to bring along someone you feel safe with to the shoot.
Your worries are not unfounded--I saw too much of this "victimization" you wrote
of while trying to establish a film career out in Hollywood for the past 6
years or so.  Still, there is some savvy work that can be done on your end to
make sure you end up in the right place--

Peace,

A college graduate

In a message dated 1/11/2005 9:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,