[NEohioPAL]Possible virus problem for NEOPAL users

Eric Oswald eric.oswald at sherwin.com
Fri Jan 14 05:53:54 PST 2005

I have received notifications from several NEOPAL subscribers (some not
so nice) that they are receiving e-mails coming from this e-mail address
with strange attachments.  One user was kind enough to say that she
scanned the attachment with MacAfee and found that it had the Netsky
worm/virus.  The e-mail address I am using to write this message is on a
Linux-based system.  Netsky is a Windows only virus, so I do not have
Netsky.  One of Netsky's "tricks" is to forge a return e-mail address
taken from a user's address book to continue sending the worm.  If you
receive an e-mail from this address with an attachment - and you do not
know me - I did not send it.  If you DO know me, do not open any
attachments with a ".scr", ".pif" file extension, or something more
unusual, like ".p at MM", as I did not sent it.

I am sending this to apologize to anyone upset about this, but also to
let you know that one or more of you must have the Netsky worm/virus on
your Windows-based system and may want to have it scanned ASAP!

Thank you,

Eric Oswald
"Sugar" at Brecksville Little Theater
"On The Town" at Beck Center