[NEohioPAL]The Minimalist Theater Company Seeks Male Actor for Paid Project

David Lemoyne learn2act at email.com
Tue Feb 1 13:30:17 PST 2005

THE MINIMALIST THEATER COMPANY is in search of an intense male actor for Ci=
ndy Lou Johnson's "Brilliant Traces."

This is a NON-UNION production, but it is PAID. Yep, I said it... PAID.

Performances will be held at The Grace Drake Center for Performing Arts in =
Medina, Ohio.
The show will run for two weekends in June. Casting will begin immediately.

ABOUT THE SHOW:
The setting is a remote cabin in the wilds of Alaska, and while a blizzard =
rages outside Henry lies sleeping under a heap of blankets. Suddenly he is =
awakened by the insistent knocking of an unexpected visitor =97 who turns o=
ut to be Rosannah, a distraught young woman who has fled all the way from A=
rizona to escape her impending marriage, and who bursts into the cabin stil=
l fully dressed for her wedding. Exhausted, she throws herself on Henry=92s=
 mercy, but after sleeping for two solid days her vigour =97 and combativen=
ess =97 return. Both characters, it develops, have been wounded and embitte=
red by life, and both are refugees from so-called civilisation. Thrown toge=
ther in the confines of the snowbound cabin they alternately repel and attr=
act each other as, in theatrically vivid exchanges, they explore the pain o=
f the past and, in time, consider the possibilities of the present. In the =
end their very isolation proves to be the catalyst which allows them to bre=
ak through the web of old griefs and bitter feelings which beset them both,=
 and to reach out for the solace and sanctuary which only hard-won understa=
nding, self-awareness and compassion for the plight of others can bestow.=
=20

------------------------------

The role of Rosannah has already been cast. Sorry ladies, maybe next time.

Please do not send headshots at this time, only reply with interest to mini=
malisttheater at hotmail.com

Show will be directed by David Lemoyne-Jones.

We are looking for an actor who can compleltey throw himself into this piec=
e. It is a wonderful vehicle for someone to showcase their talent. To be ho=
nest, I would love to do tha part myself, but know my limitations. I would =
much rather direct. So... the part is available. (unless all you guys suck.=
 just kidding)

Also considering those for stage management. Stipend provided.

Thanks. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Please only reply to minimalisttheater at hotmail.com

David Lemoyne-Jones
Director

--=20