[NEohioPAL]The VERDICT on continuing the new NEOHIOPAL BULLETIN BOARD

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 05:13:35 PST 2005

-------------------------------1107436415

For those who have posted to the bulletin board or responded  directly to me,
the vote has been about split.  About fifty people have  expressed their
opinions.

However, since the list is now at 3,812 subscribers, I have to make  some
assumptions about all of the people who have not expressed an  opinion.  They
either are satisfied with the way it is, or don't care  either way.

So this is how it will work:

I will keep the yahoo bulletin board, but also keep things as  they were
before.

I will continue to post pretty much the same items that I did  before, all in
accordance with the mission statement -

NEohioPAL Mission  Statement:
The Northeast  Ohio Performing Arts List exists: (in random order)
1) to promote cooperation  & support within the performing arts community
2) to promote free  discussion of our work by providing a forum for critical
opinion and educational  essays
3) to provide arts organizations and individual artists an easy way to
promote their events thereby making the whole performing arts community
immediately aware of opportunities.

If a controversial posting goes out that elicits reactions, those  reactions
will be posted for a certain amount of time - probably 1-3 days.   If the
discussion goes on for a long time, at a certain point I will send out a  notice
asking people who still want to participate in a dialogue to  continue at the
bulletin board.

You are the ultimate censor and decision maker of what you choose  to open
and read.  I encourage you to use your delete button for the  postings that
don't interest you.

Warm Regards,

Fred

_http://www.fredsternfeld.com_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)
216-360-0708-  home
216-496-6087- cell

-------------------------------1107436415

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV><STRONG>For those who have posted to the bulletin board or responded=20
directly to me, the vote has been about split.  About fifty people have=
=20
expressed their opinions.  </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>However, since the list is now at 3,812 subscribers, I have to=20=
make=20
some assumptions about all of the people who have not expressed an=20
opinion.  They either are satisfied with the way it is, or don't care=20
either way.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>So this is how it will work:</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>I will keep the yahoo bulletin board, but also keep things&nbsp=
;as=20
they were before.  </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>I will continue to post pretty much the same items that I did=20
before, all in accordance with the mission statement - </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000>NEohioPAL Mission=20
Statement:</FONT></STRONG> <BR></FONT><STRONG><FONT color=3D#0000ff>The Nort=
heast=20
Ohio Performing Arts List exists: (in random order)<BR>1) to promote coopera=
tion=20
& support within the performing arts community<BR>2) to promote free=20
discussion of our work by providing a forum for critical opinion and educati=
onal=20
essays<BR>3) to provide arts organizations and individual artists an easy wa=
y to=20
promote their events thereby making the whole performing arts community=20
immediately aware of opportunities.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#0000ff></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>If a controversial posting goes out that elicits reactions, tho=
se=20
reactions will be posted for a certain amount of time - probably 1-3 days.&n=
bsp;=20
If the discussion goes on for a long time, at a certain point I will send ou=
t a=20
notice asking people who still want to participate in a dialogue to=20
continue at the bulletin board.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>You are the ultimate censor and decision maker of what you choo=
se=20
to open and read.  I encourage you to use your delete button for the=20
postings that don't interest you.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Warm Regards,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Script MT Bold" size=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT"=20
PTSIZE=3D"14">Fred<BR></FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial color=3D#000000 siz=
e=3D4=20
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"14"><BR></FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial co=
lor=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A><U><B=
R></U>216-360-0708-=20
home<BR>216-496-6087- cell<B><BR></B></FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>