[NEohioPAL]Why you should(n't) see ERIC BROUMAN, Comedy-Magician, at Hilarities

JWizardM at aol.com JWizardM at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 16:00:27 PST 2005

-------------------------------1107561627

NEOHIOPAL,

I'm sure many of you have seen Eric R. Brouman, comedy-magician,  originally
from here in Cleveland, whether it was once in person or on  television.

He just signed a six-show only contract with Hilarities Comedy Club in
Cuyahoga Falls.  But is it worth actually seeing?  Because many of us  have already
seen his performances before, and further many of us don't laugh  very
easily, my answer is: Yes.

I saw Eric at a recent performance the last time he was in Cleveland.   No
matter what Eric is doing he manages to keep me befuddled at his remarkable  wit
and ridiculously fast humor.  Being a magician myself, I will admit  that is
it VERY difficult to impress me doing the same thing that I do!   Having seen
Eric's show on Disney Cruise Lines, and owning his promotional  video, I
walked into the performance prepared to see his same performance.   Having been
stunned by his new voice introduction, I was not even remotely ready  for his
opening routine!  I estimate about six or seven separate tricks  were put
together into one to make for a strong opening sequence.

I thought I knew what would come next after that, but that was the last  time
I tried to outguess myself.  Eric surprised me along with the rest of  his
audience with his constantly updated, fresh material.  I think there  were three
tricks in the entire hour-long show that I had ever seen him do  before.

Far above all else, however, was his wit.  When he called up five
volunteers, he went down the line to get each of their names.  When  Dave said his name,
Brouman said, "Davy Crocket," almost as Dave was finishing  his name.  Then
Dan's name was spoken, and Brouman retorted, "Daniel  Boone!" as if to show off
his incomparably fast mind.  He managed to call  out three more famous names
to match each of the remaining spectators, including  a man by the name of
"Elad" to whom he asked "Elad of what?"

Eric's humor is obviously universal and when I tried to hold in my  laughs,
they only exploded out louder.

The high-spirited and full of energy Brouman constantly keeps his audiences
engaged and involves them in nearly every trick.  However, I can't say that
all of his tricks are David Copperfield material.  In fact, one or  two of them
are bluntly not magical!  For example, he made one girl  think paper was
continuously disappearing when he was merely throwing it over  her head.  Although
the girl didn't know it, the audience did.   While breaking ground for one
very humorous routine, I cannot say that this  particular routine was magically
impressive.

Tickets to his next Cleveland gig at Hilarities are probably going to sell
out, so if you'd like to have an evening with a date or a friend where you will
 laugh your @#$ off, and may even be dumbfounded by a few tricks, I would
highly recommend seeing Eric R. Brouman.

Jared Markowitz, President :-)
Magic Touch Productions
jaredmarkowitz.com

-------------------------------1107561627

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>NEOHIOPAL,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I'm sure many of you have seen Eric R. Brouman, comedy-magician,=20
originally from here in Cleveland, whether it was once in person or on=20
television.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>He just signed a six-show only contract with Hilarities Comedy Club in=20
Cuyahoga Falls.  But is it worth actually seeing?  Because many of=
 us=20
have already seen his performances before, and further many of us don't laug=
h=20
very easily, my answer is: Yes.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I saw Eric at a recent performance the last time he was in Cleveland.&n=
bsp;=20
No matter what Eric is doing he manages to keep me befuddled at his remarkab=
le=20
wit and ridiculously fast humor.  Being a magician myself, I will admit=
=20
that is it VERY difficult to impress me doing the same thing that I do!&nbsp=
;=20
Having seen Eric's show on Disney Cruise Lines, and owning his promotional=20
video, I walked into the performance prepared to see his same performance.&n=
bsp;=20
Having been stunned by his new voice introduction, I was not even remotely r=
eady=20
for his opening routine!  I estimate about six or seven separate tricks=
=20
were put together into one to make for a strong opening sequence.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I thought I knew what would come next after that, but that was the last=
=20
time I tried to outguess myself.  Eric surprised me along with the rest=
 of=20
his audience with his constantly updated, fresh material.  I think ther=
e=20
were three tricks in the entire hour-long show that I had ever seen him do=20
before.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Far above all else, however, was his wit.  When he called up five=20
volunteers, he went down the line to get each of their names.  Whe=
n=20
Dave said his name, Brouman said, "Davy Crocket," almost as Dave was finishi=
ng=20
his name.  Then Dan's name was spoken, and Brouman retorted, "Daniel=20
Boone!" as if to show off his incomparably fast mind.  He managed to ca=
ll=20
out three more famous names to match each of the remaining spectators, inclu=
ding=20
a man by the name of "Elad" to whom he asked "Elad of what?"</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Eric's humor is obviously universal and when I tried to hold in my=
=20
laughs, they only exploded out louder.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The high-spirited and full of energy Brouman constantly keeps his audie=
nces=20
engaged and involves them in nearly every trick.  However, I can't say=20=
that=20
all of his tricks are David Copperfield material.  In fact, one or=
=20
two of them are bluntly not magical!  For example, he made one gir=
l=20
think paper was continuously disappearing when he was merely throwing it ove=
r=20
her head.  Although the girl didn't know it, the audience did.&nbs=
p;=20
While breaking ground for one very humorous routine, I cannot say that this=20
particular routine was magically impressive.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Tickets to his next Cleveland gig at Hilarities are probably going to s=
ell=20
out, so if you'd like to have an evening with a date or a friend where you w=
ill=20
laugh your @#$ off, and may even be dumbfounded by a few tricks, I woul=
d=20
highly recommend seeing Eric R. Brouman.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Jared Markowitz, President :-)</DIV>
<DIV>Magic Touch Productions</DIV>
<DIV>jaredmarkowitz.com</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>