Fwd: [NEohioPAL]I need a Surgeon - will you work for FREE???

zac hudak zachudak2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 09:58:49 PST 2005

--0-1918988261-1108058329=:9756

Maybe I'm coming into this conversation a bit too late and don't know what the heck it's all about, but I just want to say, as far as working for free...  Yes, everyone would like to get paid.  But, I think there's a definate difference between artists and the rest of the world.  OF COURSE a surgeon is going to get paid.  Why?  That's just how it goes.  Artist are WILLING TO WORK FOR FREE.  Why?  Because WE LOVE WHAT WE DO.  (You know the whole "not famous til after you're gone" thing?)  Artists always have and always will work for free EVERYWHERE.  That's why my friends/roommates have 3 jobs.  Check out Backstage.com...  check out the listings.  See how many say "No pay."  I used to ignore those.  Then I went and started seeing some of those shows.  They're probably the best shows in NY.. Why?  Because, no one's there for the paycheck.  They're there for the work and the experience.  Sure, you have to pay your dues...  but why is it an issue if you get paid for doing something that
 should make you happy and complete?  In my opinion, if you wouldn't do what you're doing for free...  you shouldn't be doing it.

And there you have it.
My opinion...  and you know what they say about those!

My love to all!