[NEohioPAL]From WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS: Call for Submissions

Wakeup4664 at aol.com Wakeup4664 at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 12:13:19 PST 2005

--part1_1ab.322ee31d.2f42605f_boundary

WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS

Announces

A Call for Submissions

WHAT:
Call for Submissions.
Submit your VHS videotape or DVD demo for you and/or your organization's
chance to appear on WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS.

Some of those selected will be awarded 2 half-hour guest appearances, while
others will be awarded a 30-minute guest appearance on the TV program, which
currently is expanding its broadcast area (into the Cleveland and Cox Cable
markets).  WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS, co-produced and co-hosted by Sue
Johnson and Chris Fortunato, now airs on Adelphia, ch. 21, eastern suburbs and ch.
23, western suburbs.

WHO:
Aspiring and experienced, professional Actors, Singers, Dancers, Other
Performing Artists, Visual & Fine Artists, Representatives from performing and
cultural arts organizations.  All ages, welcome.

WHY:
A great opportunity for performing, cultural and other artists to gain
visibility and recognition in the northeast Ohio area, by showcasing your artistry
and work via TV.

Those selected to appear, will be notified by March 20th when guest
appearances, consisting of interviews and/or performances, will be scheduled.  Guest
appearances may be aired 4 or more times for maximum exposure.
Every effort will be made to schedule the guest appearance in conjunction
with an upcoming special event which may be promoted on the show. (Promotion
restrictions apply.)

HOW:
Submit a VHS videotape or DVD demo of your work, no longer than a 2-3 minute
sample, which showcases your artistic talents and skills. You may submit a
maximum of 3 Demos which reflect various aspects of your individual versatility
or, which showcase your organization's multi-dimensinal work.

Include contact and identifying information (name, address, zip, phone
number, email address) on each Demo.  All Demo material, photos and resumes become
the property of WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio and WAKE UP And LIVE with the
ARTS, and will not be returned, unless, a return envelope with appropriate
postage is enclosed with the Submission.

WHEN:
Deadline for Submissions: March 1, 2005.

WHERE:
Make checks payable to, and mail Demos and $15.00 non-refundable processing
fee for EACH Demo submitted to:

WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio
P.O. Box 201524
Shaker Heights, OH 44120
Attn:  Sue Johnson, Director

Questions?
Call: (216) 561-8608
Email: wakeup4664 at aol.com

. . . About WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS  . . .
A performing and cultural arts TV program which celebrates and showcases the
diversity of the Arts and Performing Artists in northeast Ohio.

. . . About WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio . . .
. The Sue Johnson WAKE UP And LIVE's Actors' Studio is a 501(c)3 non-profit
performing arts and education organization which . . .

. Performs "PlayActs: Performances & Presentations" of plays, prose, poetry,
performance pieces, dance and music.  "PlayActs" is available for theatre
programs, cultural and performing arts events, holidays and special celebrations,
benefit performances, corporate and business entertainment.

. Conducts "PlayActs: a Prelude to Performance," which provides aspiring and
experienced actors and other performing artists the opportunity to perform
their works-in-progress, hone their craft, see their works develop and come alive
before an audience.

. Conducts "Tricks of the Trade: Craft, Career and Professional Development"
Coaching & Classes  series which provides actors, playwrights, directors and
other performing artists (teens - adults) with training in comprehensive skills
and techniques to learn or hone their craft. Actors and other performing
artists also learn business basics about marketing themselves and getting work.
Directors can rehearse scenes, and playwrights can observe their work in
development.

. Presents Guest Artist lectures, workshops, dramatic readings and other
presentations for business, social and community organizations, as well as high
schools and colleges.

http://carolirvin.com/wakeup.htm

--part1_1ab.322ee31d.2f42605f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT  SIZE=3D2 P=
TSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><B><I>WAKE UP And=20=
LIVE with the ARTS</B></I><BR>
<BR>
<B>Announces<BR>
<BR>
A Call for Submissions</B><BR>
<P ALIGN=3DLEFT><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>WHAT:   <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
></B>Call for Submissions.  <BR>
Submit your VHS videotape or DVD demo for you and/or your organization's cha=
nce to appear on <B><I>WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS. <BR>
</B></I><BR>
Some of those selected will be awarded 2 half-hour guest appearances, while=20=
others will be awarded a 30-minute guest appearance on the TV program, which=
 currently is expanding its broadcast area (into the Cleveland and Cox Cable=
 markets).  <B><I>WAKE UP And LIVE with</I> <I>the ARTS,</B></I> co-pro=
duced and co-hosted by Sue Johnson and Chris Fortunato, now airs on Adelphia=
, ch. 21, eastern suburbs and ch. 23, western suburbs.  <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>WHO:</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND=
-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LA=
NG=3D"0"></B>    <BR>
Aspiring and experienced, professional Actors, Singers, Dancers, Other Perfo=
rming Artists, Visual & Fine Artists, Representatives from performing an=
d cultural arts organizations.  All ages, welcome.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>WHY:</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND=
-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LA=
NG=3D"0"></B>    <BR>
A great opportunity for performing, cultural and other artists to gain visib=
ility and recognition in the northeast Ohio area, by showcasing your artistr=
y and work via TV.<BR>
<BR>
Those selected to appear, will be <B><I>notified by March 20th</B> </I>when=20=
guest appearances, consisting of interviews and/or performances, will be sch=
eduled.  Guest appearances may be aired 4 or more times for maximum exp=
osure. <BR>
Every effort will be made to schedule the guest appearance in conjunction wi=
th an upcoming special event which may be promoted on the show. (Promotion r=
estrictions apply.)<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>HOW:    </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGR=
OUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial=
" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
</B>Submit a VHS videotape or DVD demo of your work, no longer than a 2-3 mi=
nute sample, which showcases your artistic talents and skills. You may submi=
t a maximum of 3 Demos which reflect various aspects of your individual vers=
atility or, which showcase your organization's multi-dimensinal work.<BR>
<BR>
Include contact and identifying information (name, address, zip, phone numbe=
r, email address) on each Demo.  All Demo material, photos and resumes=20=
become the property of <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</I> </B>and <=
B><I>WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS, </B></I>and will not be returned, unles=
s, a return envelope with appropriate postage is enclosed with the Submissio=
n. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>WHEN:       </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BA=
CKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"A=
rial" LANG=3D"0"></B><BR>
<B>Deadline for Submissions: March 1, 2005.</B><BR>
<BR>
<B>WHERE:</B>  <BR>
Make checks payable to, and mail Demos and <B>$15.00 non-refundable processi=
ng fee for EACH Demo submitted to:<BR>
</B><BR>
<B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</B></I><BR>
P.O. Box 201524<BR>
Shaker Heights, OH 44120<BR>
Attn:  Sue Johnson, Director<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><B>Questions?  </FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BA=
CKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"A=
rial" LANG=3D"0"></B><BR>
Call: (216) 561-8608<BR>
Email: wakeup4664 at aol.com<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>. . . About WAKE UP And LIVE with the ARTS  . . .</B></I><BR>
A performing and cultural arts TV program which celebrates and showcases the=
 diversity of the Arts and Performing Artists in northeast Ohio.<BR>
<BR>
<B>. . . About WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio . . .</B></I><BR>
. The Sue Johnson <B>WAKE UP And LIVE's <I>Actors' Studio</I> </B>is a 501(c=
)3 non-profit performing arts and education organization which . . .<BR>
<BR>
<B>. </B>Performs <B>"PlayActs: Performances & Presentations"</B> of pla=
ys, prose, poetry, performance pieces, dance and music.  <B>"PlayActs"=20=
</B>is available for theatre programs, cultural and performing arts events,=20=
holidays and special celebrations, benefit performances, corporate and busin=
ess entertainment.<BR>
<BR>
<B>. </B>Conducts <B>"PlayActs: <I>a Prelude to Performance</I>," </B>which=20=
provides aspiring and experienced actors and other performing artists the op=
portunity to perform their works-in-progress, hone their craft, see their wo=
rks develop and come alive before an audience. <BR>
<BR>
<B>. </B>Conducts <B>"Tricks of the Trade: Craft, Career and Professional De=
velopment" </B>Coaching & Classes  series which provides actors, pl=
aywrights, directors and other performing artists (teens - adults) with trai=
ning in comprehensive skills and techniques to learn or hone their craft. Ac=
tors and other performing artists also learn business basics about marketing=
 themselves and getting work.  Directors can rehearse scenes, and playw=
rights can observe their work in development.<BR>
<BR>
<B>.</B> Presents <B>Guest Artist </B>lectures, workshops, dramatic readings=
 and other presentations for business, social and community organizations, a=
s well as high schools and colleges. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
http://carolirvin.com/wakeup.htm<BR>
<BR>
</P></P></FONT></HTML>
--part1_1ab.322ee31d.2f42605f_boundary--