[NEohioPAL]Arthur Miller

SNONEL snonel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 14 14:33:11 PST 2005

The loss of Arthur Miller still resonates -- I have
directed his works and played Willy twice, and ALL MY
SONS twice, but never in CRUCIBLE, I'm sorry to say.
Still, for those who thought him lacking in sex
appeal, a story:  A friend of mine was cast in
CRUCIBLE in the original production.   I remember her
returning to her NY apartment after the first
read-through.  I was waiting with her husband for the
first report.   In reply to the "what is he like"
question, she replied, "Honey, he can rest his shoes
under my bed any time!"   Her husband just grinned.
Thanks for sharing -- Bob Snook