[NEohioPAL]Farewell to a good theater friend

WSPAmherst at aol.com WSPAmherst at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 20:19:31 PST 2005

-------------------------------1108959571

As some of you may know, Lorain County theater, and Amherst's Workshop
Players in particular, lost a good friend on February 10. Steve Brown,
affectionately known as Brownie, lost his fight with a myriad of illnesses and  left us
the day after his 48th birthday, much too soon. Steve was the  entertainment
editor for the Chronicle for many years, and gave all of the local  theater
groups his unconditional support. His many articles and reviews went a  long way
toward making Lorain Countians aware of the scope of local theater, and
brought people in who had probably never before seen a show . In the past  several
years, he even trod the boards at Workshop in three plays, most  infamously in
"Arsenic and Old Lace", playing a police detective. He also  appeared with us
in "The Diary of Anne Frank" and "The Silver Whistle." He had  recently
auditioned for "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."

Those of us who knew him are invited to share memories and celebrate his
life at the theater on Friday night, February 25 from 7:30 - 9 p.m. We will
supply coffee, tea and hot chocolate. And when we finish at the theater, those
who wish to can repair to a local watering hole (to be decided upon) to raise a
glass in his honor. Godspeed, Brownie.

For further information, contact Kathy Whitmore at _kabbw at aol.com_
(mailto:kabbw at aol.com) .

"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better  lighting"

-------------------------------1108959571

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1476" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #800080; FONT-FAMILY: Book Antiqua"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3>
<DIV>
<DIV>As some of you may know, Lorain County theater, and Amherst's Workshop=20
Players in particular, lost a good friend on February 10. Steve Brown,=20
affectionately known as Brownie, lost his fight with a myriad of illnesses a=
nd=20
left us the day after his 48th birthday, much too soon. Steve was the=20
entertainment editor for the Chronicle for many years, and gave all of the l=
ocal=20
theater groups his unconditional support. His many articles and reviews went=
 a=20
long way toward making Lorain Countians aware of the scope of local theater,=
 and=20
brought people in who had probably never before seen a show . In the past=20
several years, he even trod the boards at Workshop in three plays, most=20
infamously in "Arsenic and Old Lace", playing a police detective. He also=20
appeared with us in "The Diary of Anne Frank" and "The Silver Whistle." He h=
ad=20
recently auditioned for "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Those of us who knew him are invited to share memories and celebrate hi=
s=20
life at the theater on Friday night, February 25 from 7:30 - 9 p.m. We will=20
supply coffee, tea and hot chocolate. And when we finish at the theater, tho=
se=20
who wish to can repair to a local watering hole (to be decided upon) to rais=
e a=20
glass in his honor. Godspeed, Brownie.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>For further information, contact Kathy Whitmore at <A=20
title=3Dmailto:kabbw at aol.com=20
href=3D"mailto:kabbw at aol.com">kabbw at aol.com</A>.</DIV></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF"=20
PTSIZE=3D"11">"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better=20
lighting"</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>