[NEohioPAL]Karamu Youth Theatre Audtion-"Infancy"

Vivian Wilson vwilson at karamu.com
Mon Feb 21 13:20:27 PST 2005

       Contact:  Performing Arts Department
Phone (216) 795-7070 x 242

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -Monday, January 24, 2005

Ref:  AUDITIONS for Karamu Youth Theatre  Production of Infancy

by Thornton Wilder

>From the playwright of such classics as Our Town, The Skin of Our Teeth and
The Matchmaker comes Infancy. This rarely produced, hilarious one-act by one
of the masters of farce premiered in New York in 1962 as part of Plays for
Bleecker Street.  Infancy is a fantasy of existence through infants' eyes
spying and gabbing about their parents and keepers - set in Central Park -.
Wilder is a three time Pulitzer Prize winner and the only winner for both
fiction and drama. It will be directed by Ray Allmond who introduced us to
Babies Having Babies in Spring of 2004.

(Seeking young teens to young adults)
Parts Available: 3 Males, 2 Females

 Audition Dates: 	Monday, March 14 @ 6:00PM
                          	Tuesday, March 15 @ 6:00PM
                          	Thursday, March 17@ 6:00PM

Auditions to be held at Karamu House  (in the Concert Hall)
                                    2355 East 89th Street,
                                    Cleveland, Ohio 44106

Performers, regardless of race or religion are encouraged to audition.
Performances are: 2:00 pm Saturdays and Sundays  The play runs
April 23rd - May 8, 2005 in Annie Maes.

                          A Non-Equity Production

 			********