[NEohioPAL]CTC New Work Forum: Work Call and Call for Work

MargLynch at aol.com MargLynch at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 08:05:10 PST 2005

-------------------------------1109088310

CTC New Work Forum is barreling forward. We don't have a name yet, but we
have:

A Place:  CPT Parish Hall Basement.  As the former parish social room/bar,
It's got a fabulous and funky "klub house" feel.

A Time:  Second Thursday of every month.  BEGINNING THURSDAY, MARCH 10.

A Format:  Open mic style format for multidisciplinary new work:  scenes from
plays, monologues, comic sketches, songs/music, poetry, video.
Writers/creators arrive at 7 pm to sign up for a ten-minute slots. Work is shared from
8-9:30 pm. Actors/performers needed in case work needs a "cast."  It will all be
cold reading--in a "no shame," sharing spirit.  Anyone present can participate.

An entrance fee:  $5 for the general public, $2 for CTC members--to defray
cost of space.

A Work Call:  The Parish Hall basement needs to be cleaned and spruced a bit.
To that end, we're having a work call on this Saturday, February 26, from 10
am to 1 pm.  Come when you can for however long you can.  Tasks will include
moving some furniture and junk around, washing the floor and priming the floor.
 Maybe some curtain hanging.

A Call for Work:  Get your monologues, scenes from plays, comic sketches,
songs, poetry, video out of the file cabinet, off of your hard drive.  Get ready
to jump in.  No shame.  Just do it.  And any other relevant slogan.

-------------------------------1109088310

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2604" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>CTC New Work Forum is barreling forward. We don't have a name yet, but=20=
we have:</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>A Place:  CPT Parish Hall Basement.  As the former paris=
h social room/bar, It's got a fabulous and funky "klub house" feel.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>A Time:  Second Thursday of every month.  <STRONG>BEGINNING T=
HURSDAY, MARCH 10.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>A Format:  Open mic style format for multidisciplinary new work:&n=
bsp; scenes from plays, monologues, comic sketches, songs/music, poetry, vid=
eo.  Writers/creators arrive at 7 pm to sign up for a ten-minute slots.=
 Work is shared from 8-9:30 pm. Actors/performers needed in case w=
ork needs a "cast."  It will all be cold reading--in a "no shame," shar=
ing spirit.  Anyone present can participate.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>An entrance fee:  $5 for the general public, $2 for CTC members--t=
o defray cost of space.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>A Work Call:  The Parish Hall basement needs to be cl=
eaned and spruced a bit. To that end, we're having a work call on this Satur=
day, February 26, from 10 am to 1 pm.  Come when you can for however lo=
ng you can.  Tasks will include moving some furniture and junk around,=20=
washing the floor and priming the floor.  Maybe some curtain hanging.</=
STRONG>  </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>A Call for Work:  Get your monologues, scenes from plays, com=
ic sketches, songs, poetry, video out of the file cabinet, off of your hard=20=
drive.  Get ready to jump in.  No shame.  Just do it.&nb=
sp; And any other relevant slogan.  </DIV></BODY></HTML>