[NEohioPAL]This Week at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music

Marci Janas Marci.Janas at oberlin.edu
Wed Mar 2 10:36:54 PST 2005

--Boundary_(ID_Jimg9uK4MCgnkSaUjYcmSQ)

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you. Do not
reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.
Hello everyone.

Here is your digest of news and events information from the Oberlin
Conservatory of Music.

Read today's Washington Post review of last week's Conservatory Project at
the Kennedy Center -- and the outstanding performances by some of our
students there:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64389-2005Mar1.html

Noted pianist Russell Sherman is in residence at the Conservatory this
week. He performs a free program of works by Beethoven, Debussy, Bartok,
and Liszt Thursday, March 3, at 8 p.m. in the Conservatory's Warner Concert
Hall.

Piano lovers can watch the virtuoso present master classes to outstanding
Oberlin students at three sessions, all in Warner Concert Hall:

Friday, March 4, at 12:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 5, at 8 p.m.
Sunday, March 6, at noon

Read Donald Rosenberg's Plain Dealer preview of Mr. Sherman at:

<http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1109414039261900.xml>

Looking ahead, the Friday and Saturday performances (March 18 and 19) of
Oberlin's Opera Theater production of Le Nozze Di Figaro, guest conducted
by Eve Queler of the Opera Orchestra of New York, are nearly sold out.
Tickets remain available for the Wednesday night performance and the Sunday
matinee. Please call Oberlin's Central Ticket Service at 440-775-8169 for
more information.

For more up-to-the-minute events news, please visit our electronic calendar
of events:

<http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl>

I hope that you find this digest useful as you plan your music stories and
programs. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,
Marci

--Boundary_(ID_Jimg9uK4MCgnkSaUjYcmSQ)

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

Here is your digest of news and events information from the Oberlin

Conservatory of Music.

Read today's <italic>Washington Post</italic> review of last week's Conservatory Project at

the Kennedy Center -- and the outstanding performances by some of our

students there:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64389-2005Mar1.html

Noted pianist Russell Sherman is in residence at the Conservatory this

week. He performs a free program of works by Beethoven, Debussy, Bartok,

and Liszt Thursday, March 3, at 8 p.m. in the Conservatory's Warner Concert

Hall.

Piano lovers can watch the virtuoso present master classes to outstanding

Oberlin students at three sessions, all in Warner Concert Hall:

Friday, March 4, at 12:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 5, at 8 p.m.

Sunday, March 6, at noon

Read Donald Rosenberg's <italic>Plain Dealer</italic> preview of Mr. Sherman at:

<<http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1109414039261900.xml>

Looking ahead, the Friday and Saturday performances (March 18 and 19) of

Oberlin's Opera Theater production of <italic>Le Nozze Di Figaro</italic>, guest conducted

by Eve Queler of the Opera Orchestra of New York, are nearly sold out.

Tickets remain available for the Wednesday night performance and the Sunday

matinee. Please call Oberlin's Central Ticket Service at 440-775-8169 for

more information.

For more up-to-the-minute events news, please visit our electronic calendar

of events:

<<http://www.oberlin.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/events/cal_conservatory.pl>

I hope that you find this digest useful as you plan your music stories and

programs. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,

Marci</flushleft></fontfamily>

--Boundary_(ID_Jimg9uK4MCgnkSaUjYcmSQ)--