[NEohioPAL]Look At My Shorts Film Festival in Colubmus, April 9th

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Mon Mar 14 07:33:24 PST 2005

Contact Info : Peter John Ross
5759 Tamarack Blvd, STE A
Columbus, OH 43229
(614) 378-5941 / FAX (614) 863-1143
EMAIL: ross at sonnyboo.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"2nd FREE FILM FESTIVAL FEATURING CENTRAL OHIO FILMMAKERS"

Columbus, OH, March 10th, 2005 - The 2nd semi-annual LOOK AT MY SHORTS
FILM FESTIVAL will beheld at Studio 35 on Indianola Ave at 3-5:PM on
Saturday April 9th, 2005. The last LOOK AT MY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL
played to standing room only crowds. This short film exhibition features
an all new line up of over 12 new short films from local producers.
There is no admission and it is open to the public.

"The movement of independent film in the Midwest is at an all time
high", says Peter John Ross, Producer/Director with Sonnyboo
Productions. "Quality movies are now being produced by
'next-door-directors' and people of all ages."

The idea for anther free screening came about as
writer/director/producer C. Alec Rossel finalized his 27minute drama THE
WARNING. Several other local movies ranging from 2 minutes to 21 minutes
were wrapping up and the cast and crews banded together for another free
festival screening.

C. Alec Rossel, festival director says, "We are very excited about this
event. We want to put the spotlight on up and coming filmmakers from the
Midwest. We've got some real talent here, and we can't wait to show it
off on the big screen. We're doing our best to swivel Hollywood's head
our direction."

Studio 35, the one screen theatre in Clintonville has been supporting
local films a lot recently. With a half dozen screenings of locally
produced movies, the evidence of a boom in big screen ambitions is
clear. The new Digital Age of moviemaking, pioneered by Robert Rodrigez
and George Lucas has filtered down to the consumer level creating a lot
of "backyard Spielbergs". Film festivals featuring digital movies are
cropping in markets all over the US and are having fantastic success,

 For your everyday independent filmmaker and aspiring actor, the
opportunity to have your movie shown on the big screen is very rare.
Hollywood movies and the $1 million+ dollar "independent" film usually
dominate the silver screens across the country, but thanks to digital
projection & the support of independently owned theatre screens, the
lowly $1,000 and below budgeted filmmaker (also known as microcinema)
can now compete for screen time. Offering the movies for free is a way
to entice the $9 per ticket moviegoer into trying something new in
locally made entertainment.

For more information about the LOOK AT MY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL, you can
visit the site http://lookatmyshorts.sonnyboo.com

For more information on Studio 35 theatre, you can visit their site at
http://www.studio35.com

About award winning filmmaker Peter John Ross & Sonnyboo Productions -
Microcinema Magazine says, "Ross will remain one of the all-time
innovative leaders in the Microcinema movement." Projects directed by
Peter John Ross have been broadcast on Bravo UK, Tech TV, & Movieola the
short film channel. Peter John Ross & Sonnyboo films have been noted in
such publications as Computer Arts, RES Magazine, Film & Video Magazine,
LA Weekly, Film Threat, the Village Voice, & Internet Video Magazine.
More info & all of his short films are available online at the award
winning site www.sonnyboo.com More info & all of his short films are
available online at the award winning site www.sonnyboo.com

==================================
Media Design Imaging
innovates and break the molds of visual creation
http://www.mdifilm.com
216.373.3278

President (2004 & 2005)
Organization of Chinese American of Greater Cleveland
OCAGC
http://www.ocagc.org

Wu Jia Quan Shu (Art of Wu Family System)
2800 years old Family Style Martial Arts
http://www.wujiaquan.com