[NEohioPAL]beware of bad practices in filmmaking: "XXXXXXXX "Casting Call"

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Mon Mar 14 15:32:04 PST 2005

Dearest all, I know a lot of people on this list are interested in
auditioning for roles in movies, auditions should be free, there should
never be an audition registration fee or such, it's un-ethical first and
in some states, it is illegal (CA is current investigating these allerge
type of incident), and it's a way many people are trying to exploit to
get some $, but in all, it's a bad practice to charge money... If you
get notice of auditions from any one that are asking you to PAY to
audtion, it's a red flag, no matter HOW much they going to argue their
case, the bottom line: You should not pay to audition...

I've taken contact info for this email off the list but will keep the
rest contact for your reading...

Johnny Wu

"BLABLABLA" Open casting call

My name is  XXXXX  and I am president of  BLA BLA Entertainment Group.
In collaboration with ABLABLA & Co., we would like to help bring the
martial arts back to its popularity like it was in the 70's and early
80's.

We plan to achieve this goal through our action packed martial arts film
entitled "BLABLABLA" , a PG-13 movie with positive role models and
strong discipline technique. This story is about a father's honor and an
ancient and powerful style of martial arts that has been practiced in
the Shaolin Temple for hundreds of years.

Secondly, create a new martial arts culture through our "BLABLABLA"
product lines which will consist of apparel, comic book, video game,
toys and an animated cartoon series.
The international film production company, "BLABLABLA" Limited has
joined the project.  "BLABLABLA" limited has worked on several high
profile feature films such as "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of
Life" which starred Angelina Jolie and "Die Another Day" part of the
James Bond Series which starred Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry.  Also,
coming aboard is Cary Tagawa who has played in countless films such as
Elektra, Planet of the Apes and Mortal Kombat just to name a few.

BLABLABLA Entertainment is currently having an open casting call to
search for some of the next fighting stars for the BLABLABLA Film
project.

To be eligible for the search you must provide:
-Bio with martial arts experience
-At least 2 pictures.
-A $15 registration free (money   orders only!!)
-Each Participant will receive a free Black Salt t-shirt or cap.

Note: Please include an email address in your package so we may contact
you immediately.
Send package to:
 XXXXXXXXXXX
COLUMBUS, OHIO