[NEohioPAL]"Unearthed" Art Exhibition 4/9/05

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Wed Mar 23 11:24:38 PST 2005

--MS_Mac_OE_3194432678_192110_MIME_Part

Greetings,

WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts

WHAT: =B3Unearthed=B2  Art Exhibition
-an art installation of Art by Survivors of Abuse featuring Debra Degregori=

WHEN:  April 9th- April 16th, 2005
-Opening Reception:  Saturday, April 9th, 8pm

WHERE:  North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent, OH

CONTACT: 330-673-4970

Gallery Hours:  Thursday-Saturday, 1-5pm or by appointment.

www.standingrock.net for updates

Thank you for supporting the Arts,

Jeff Ingram/Executive Director
Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
info at standingrock.net

>From Debra...

I am an Akron artist who is a victim/ survivor of sexual abuse. I am
creating an installation art piece titled Unearthed at the North Water
Street Gallery in Kent, OH, for the week of April 9th. It deals with the
struggle a victim/survivor may have in communicating her experience, or in
feeling understood, and the wholeness that can result when communication an=
understanding are achieved. I plan on making a simple mural based on that
idea. Also in the space will be some living plants floating in water in
glass bowls, so you can see their roots for a time along with their stems;
their roots being like the parts of our minds and experiences that are
usually operating unseen, and yet creating much of our growth (see where I=B9=
heading with this?).

I would also like to include, lying out on a few pedestals, some written
pieces by other victim/ survivors of sexual abuse. These can be completely
anonymous if the writer prefer, and could be of any length at all.

My email address is ddegregorio at hotmail.com and my phone number is (330)
762-0335. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for any
further information. Any response or thoughts at all would be appreciated,
honored and unaltered.

--MS_Mac_OE_3194432678_192110_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"Unearthed" Art Exhibition 4/9/05</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica">WHO:  </FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"=
Helvetica"><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
</FONT></FONT></B><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><H2><BR>
WHAT: =B3Unearthed=B2  Art Exhibition<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>-an art installation of Art by Survivors of Abuse fe=
aturing Debra Degregorio<BR>
</B></FONT><H2><BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>WHEN:  </B></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"4">April 9th- =
April 16th, 2005</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5">  <BR>
</FONT></B><H2>-Opening Reception:  Saturday, April 9th, 8pm<BR>
<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>WHERE:  </B></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"4">North Wate=
r Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent, OH<BR>
</FONT></B><H2><BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>CONTACT: </B></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"4">330-673-4970<B=

</FONT></B><H3><BR>
Gallery Hours:  Thursday-Saturday, 1-5pm or by appointment.<BR>
</H3><H2><BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>www.standingrock.net for updates<BR>
</B></FONT><H3><BR>
Thank you for supporting the Arts,<BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>Jeff Ingram/Executive Director<BR>
</B></FONT><H3>Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>info at standingrock.net<BR>
<BR>
</U></FONT>From Debra...<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><BR>
</U></FONT></H3><B>I am an Akron artist who is a victim/ survivor of sexual=
 abuse. I am creating an installation art piece titled Unearthed at the Nort=
h Water Street Gallery in Kent, OH, for the week of April 9th. It deals with=
 the struggle a victim/survivor may have in communicating her experience, or=
 in feeling understood, and the wholeness that can result when communication=
 and understanding are achieved. I plan on making a simple mural based on th=
at idea. Also in the space will be some living plants floating in water in g=
lass bowls, so you can see their roots for a time along with their stems; th=
eir roots being like the parts of our minds and experiences that are usually=
 operating unseen, and yet creating much of our growth (see where I=B9m headin=
g with this?). <BR>
<BR>
I would also like to include, lying out on a few pedestals, some written pi=
eces by other victim/ survivors of sexual abuse. These can be completely ano=
nymous if the writer prefer, and could be of any length at all.  <BR>
<BR>
My email address is <U>ddegregorio at hotmail.com</U> and my phone number is (=
330) 762-0335. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for any =
further information. Any response or thoughts at all would be appreciated, h=
onored and unaltered. <BR>
</B><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><H3><U><BR>
</U></H3></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3194432678_192110_MIME_Part--