[NEohioPAL]PERCEPTIONS FROM SOMEONE WHO ATTENDED THE MEETING

Domi.Caro domi.caro at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 25 13:23:34 PST 2005

------=_NextPart_000_073D_01C53156.FDB54130

I finally decide to give my two cents for this discussion...(hard to =
follow while I prepare my trip out of town for one week). I was at the =
meeting last Monday with my very talented friend Mary Faktor and here =
are my remarks:

First of all I went there with an open mind . As I always do, I first =
listen and I try to get the best out of everyone's' opinions to then =
gather information, think, and make up my own. I don't appreciate people =
that follow extremists opinion's and I respect those who can have doubts =
and reconsider.=20

This meeting made me realize how important it was to feel empowered and =
have each other's support as a group at times when we feel someone is =
taking advantage of our talent and time (i.e: commercials). We all have =
agreed on that, but I did feel disappointed about that black or white =
tone employed at some times:=20

FROM AN ACTOR'S POINT OF VIEW:=20

It was somehow implied that those who would hire someone for free where =
compromising quality. I disagree I have either witnessed or participated =
in productions where there was a clear high quality effort. I don't =
think talent is all about Unions and money. Vang Gogh's art and talent =
was never socially recognized during his life time. Marylyn Monroe's =
abilities in acting took her further that she deserved (even when union =
wages were definitely part of the picture). I think someone's ability to =
show her /his talent will depend on many variables besides talent (time =
available for their acting career, luck, contacts, and the well-known" =
be at the right time for the right project"). I know of some very =
talented artists that for different reasons have not yet or maybe will =
never be recognized at their juste value in that "Union and wages =
world".=20

I also felt some kind of negative judgement upon those who would be =
willing to work for free. I think how someone wants to use his/her =
talent is up to them and nobody should tell them how to do it, specially =
if they find that the project rewards them in ways money could never do =
(ability to work with a talented director, friendships, contacts, =
experience and the pride and good feeling of working together with a =
group of talented people in an effort to create ART).=20

FROM A PRODUCER POINT OF VIEW:=20

It was discouraging to hear that one award winning producer that was =
willing to come up with a new project and dream could no longer have the =
support of the Cleveland actor's community. I think it would be a shame =
and regretful decision and it would lead to many directors and actors to =
miss on opportunities to grow as individuals and opportunities to show =
each others talents.=20

My conclusion let's all work together in what is our passion and let's =
create art. Let your instinct and intelligence guide you and tell you if =
it is worth your time and talent. Don't get me wrong I also want to get =
paid, and I have, but I am willing to make exceptions for the right =
people.=20

Those were my perceptions after the meeting, that is the way it came =
across to me even if it was not intended, and I do appreciate all the =
effort that had been put into it, specially when I hear that people like =
Real Living are reconsidering their position. Isn't that just beautiful? =
people do reconsider, well then, let's all. and like someone said let =
the world be made out of many colors.=20

Ada Carolina Ortiz=20

------=_NextPart_000_073D_01C53156.FDB54130

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>I finally decide to give my two cents for this discussion...(hard to =
follow=20
while I prepare my trip out of town for one week). I was at the meeting =
last=20
Monday with my very talented friend Mary Faktor and here are my =
remarks:</P>
<P>First of all I went there with an open mind . As I always do, I first =
listen=20
and I try to get the best out of everyone=92s' opinions to then gather=20
information, think, and make up my own. I don't appreciate people that =
follow=20
extremists opinion's and I respect those who can have doubts and =
reconsider.=20
</P>
<P>This meeting made me realize how important it was to feel empowered =
and have=20
each other's support as a group at times when we feel someone is taking=20
advantage of our talent and time (i.e: commercials). We all have agreed =
on that,=20
but I did feel disappointed about that black or white tone employed at =
some=20
times:</FONT><FONT size=3D2> </P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>FROM AN ACTOR'S POINT OF VIEW: </P>
<P>It was somehow implied that those who would hire someone for free =
where=20
compromising quality. I disagree I have either witnessed or participated =
in=20
productions where there was a clear high quality effort. I don't think =
talent is=20
all about Unions and money. Vang Gogh's art and talent was never =
socially=20
recognized during his life time. Marylyn Monroe's abilities in acting =
took her=20
further that she deserved (even when union wages were definitely part of =
the=20
picture). I think someone's ability to show her /his talent will depend =
on many=20
variables besides talent (time available for their acting career, luck,=20
contacts, and the well-known" be at the right time for the right =
project"). I=20
know of some very talented artists that for different reasons have not =
yet or=20
maybe will never be recognized at their juste value in that "Union and =
wages=20
world".</FONT><FONT size=3D2> </P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>I also felt some kind of negative judgement upon those who would be =
willing=20
to work for free. I think how someone wants to use his/her talent is up =
to them=20
and nobody should tell them how to do it, specially if they find that =
the=20
project rewards them in ways money could never do (ability to work with =
a=20
talented director, friendships, contacts, experience and the pride and =
good=20
feeling of working together with a group of talented people in an effort =
to=20
create ART).</FONT><FONT size=3D2> </P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>
<P>FROM A PRODUCER POINT OF VIEW:</FONT><FONT size=3D2> </P></FONT><FONT =

face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>It was discouraging to hear that one award winning producer that was =
willing=20
to come up with a new project and dream could no longer have the support =
of the=20
Cleveland actor's community. I think it would be a shame and regretful =
decision=20
and it would lead to many directors and actors to miss on opportunities =
to grow=20
as individuals and opportunities to show each others talents. </P>
<P>My conclusion let's all work together in what is our passion and =
let's create=20
art. Let your instinct and intelligence guide you and tell you if it is =
worth=20
your time and talent. Don't get me wrong I also want to get paid, and I =
have,=20
but I am willing to make exceptions for the right people.</FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>=20
</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>Those were my perceptions after the meeting, that is the way it came =
across=20
to me even if it was not intended, and I do appreciate all the effort =
that had=20
been put into it, specially when I hear that people like Real Living are =

reconsidering their position. Isn't that just beautiful? people do =
reconsider,=20
well then, let's all. and like someone said let the world be made out of =
many=20
colors.</FONT><FONT size=3D2> </P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>Ada Carolina Ortiz </P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_073D_01C53156.FDB54130--