[NEohioPAL]A brand NEW question about Pay vs. No Pay

JWizardM at aol.com JWizardM at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 00:29:52 PST 2005

-------------------------------1111825792

As I have been following closely to the entire discussion in trying to form
my own opinion, it seems like the majority of us agree with Jean's motto: "If
profit is made, the actors get paid!"

At many community theaters, such as Heights Youth Theater and Chagrin  Valley
Little Theater, is it not true that the actors (with the exception of  those
members of the Actors' Equity Association) are NOT paid although the  THEATER
and DIRECTOR make a profit?

It seems like that would digress from the motto that most of us have come  to
follow.  Any thoughts?

Jared Markowitz, President :-)
Magic Touch Productions
jaredmarkowitz.com

-------------------------------1111825792

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2604" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>As I have been following closely to the entire discussion in trying to=20=
form=20
my own opinion, it seems like the majority of us agree with Jean's motto: "I=
f=20
profit is made, the actors get paid!"</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>At many community theaters, such as Heights Youth Theater and Chagrin=20
Valley Little Theater, is it not true that the actors (with the exception of=
=20
those members of the Actors' Equity Association) are NOT paid although the=20
THEATER and DIRECTOR make a profit?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It seems like that would digress from the motto that most of us have co=
me=20
to follow.  Any thoughts?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Jared Markowitz, President :-)</DIV>
<DIV>Magic Touch Productions</DIV>
<DIV>jaredmarkowitz.com</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>