[NEohioPAL]My poor eyes

AC Earing alanearing at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 16:32:53 PST 2005

Hello friends, competition, hiring agents, and
industry-neighbors!

As the example of "they let anybody on this panel
didn't they!?" panelist, may I have the floor for a
brief comment?

First, the meeting was worth my time.  I drove the
distance, I drove back.  I learned, I shared and I
networked.  It was certainly worth my time and I hope
another meeting happens again!  Next time with food or
beverages, maybe something fun during intermission
like stuffy-sumo-wrestling.

Secondly, Thank you, Mr. Sternfeld for this fabulous
FREE yet invaluable forum.  Your payment for even
ALLOWING all of this to happen is a copy of your work,
credit, and food... OK, maybe not the food.

Mr. Wu, thank you for your very accurate assessment on
this issue.  I think that you and Mr. Johns are
perfect examples of with whom to work under the
conditions of deferred (lets face it, unlikely) pay
vs. no pay.  Mr. Johns even pointed out the importance
of contract evaluation and pre-signature discussion.
And yes, I was one of the actors eager to ask for work
from Johnny and Bill.

Now that we've all established and started cooking
this topic, can we touch on some slightly progressing
points?  There was mention of mentorship, which I
voiced as one of my most concerning issues, and Johnny
adressed as an intellectual property value in itself.
<As an Economics student, I just asked my advisor
about Mr. Kraft's phrase, and am confirming it.>  If
mentorship occurs, the possibility of talent being
taken advantage of decreases.  Think about it, "Hey
big sister, should I ask for money on this?"  "Maybe,
Pittsburgh boy, consider deferrals or at least ask to
discuss the budget and then use your instincts about
what you're worth!"

It's easy!  But even more progressive, how about the
general elevation of the arts in this region?  One
very important way is through the elevation of value
of talent, we've covered that, and have much work to
do on it!  How about the shared communication and
sense of community within this industry, and within
this region?  Check on that too!

I love being a part of all of this, and I hope my
quick and grotesque ending is refreshingly apropriate!
 Peace, my brothers and sisters,

AC

AC Earing
Pittsburgh Actor, Model, Producer