[NEohioPAL]Tony Award Nominees Headline Cabaret Performance To Benefit Great Lakes Theater Festival

Todd Krispinsky tkrispinsky at greatlakestheater.org
Fri Apr 15 14:41:47 PDT 2005

For Immediate Release: =20
April 14, 2005

Tony Award Nominees=20
Headline Cabaret Performance=20
To Benefit Great Lakes Theater Festival=20
Broadway and recording stars Ann Hampton Callaway and Liz Callaway=20
perform for one night only at the Ohio Theatre.

Broadway and recording stars Ann Hampton Callaway and Liz Callaway will =
take
the Ohio Theatre stage, Playhouse Square Center on Saturday, May 7, =
2005
(7:00 p.m.) and present a special, one-night, cabaret performance to =
benefit
Great Lakes Theater Festival.  An evening of story and song featuring =
hits
from the Broadway, pop and jazz genres, all proceeds from the =
performance
will benefit Great Lakes Theater Festival.

Ann Hampton Callaway has recorded over 40 CDs as both a soloist and =
guest
artist.  Her career spans the Broadway, cabaret and recording worlds.  =
Ms.
Callaway garnered a Tony Award Nomination in 2000 for Best Featured =
Actress
in a Musical for her role in the Broadway hit Swing!.  In addition, she =
is
also known for writing and performing the theme of the TV series The =
Nanny
and was the first person granted permission by the Cole Porter Estate =
write music for the previously unrecorded Porter lyric, =93I Gaze In =
Your
Eyes.=94

A studio singer and Broadway actress, Liz Callaway can be heard on over
thirty CDs and received a Tony Award nomination for her role in the =
Broadway
musical Baby.  Ms Callaway has also appeared in Broadway productions of
Merrily We Roll Along, The Three Musketeers, Miss Saigon and Cats, =
where she
played the role of Grizabella for five years.  Callaway=92s film and
television credits include the voice of Anastasia in the Disney =
animated
film of the same name.

Mezzanine seats for the hour-long, Callaway cabaret performance are
available for $25.  Tickets to the event may be purchased by phone at =
(216)
241-6000, by visiting the Playhouse Square Center website at
www.playhousesquare.com <http://www.playhousesquare.com> or in person =
at the
Playhouse Square Center Box Office or any Tickets.com outlet.  For more
information, contact the Great Lakes Theater Festival Development =
Office at
(216) 241-5490 x325.

#  #  #

Ann Hampton Callaway is an inspiring and maverick spirit in the
entertainment world. In an age preoccupied with terms and categories, =
she
has successfully paved her own path, dazzling audiences not only as a =
singer
and pianist but also as a songwriter and actress. Ann's far-reaching =
talents
have made her equally at home in the worlds of jazz, pop and cabaret as =
well
as on stage, in the recording studio and on TV.  "I grew up listening =
to my
dad's jazz album collection," she recalls, "and by the time I reached =
my
teens, I was hooked." Since coming to New York, Ann has recorded over =
40
CD's as a soloist and guest artist combined. As one of the leading
interpreters of the Great American Songbook, Callaway was the first =
person
granted permission by Cole Porter's estate to write music for a =
previously
unrecorded Porter lyric, "I Gaze In Your Eyes." In 2000, she garnered a =
Tony
Award nomination for "Best Featured Actress in a Musical" for the =
Broadway
hit Swing!. She is also known for her witty writing and singing of the =
theme
to the hit TV series, The Nanny.  With the release of Slow, Ann Hampton
Callaway further asserts herself as an exciting talent who stands in a =
class
by herself.=20

Liz Callaway is one of the top studio singers and actresses performing =
on
Broadway today.  She has appeared on Broadway in Merrily We Roll Along, =
Baby
(Tony Nomination), The Three Musketeers, Miss Saigon, and Cats where =
she
played the role of Grizabella for five years.  Liz has also starred in
numerous Off-Broadway musicals and revues, as well as the =
internationally
acclaimed cabaret act Sibling Revelry with her sister Ann Hampton =
Callaway.
Liz garnered a Drama Desk Award nomination for her recent appearance in =
the
Playwright=92s Horizons production of The Spitfire Grill.  She has many =
film
and television appearances to her credit including the singing voice of
Anastasia in the celebrated animated Disney feature.  Liz is also a =
stop
studio singer and can be heard on more than thirty recordings including
three solo albums and one duet album with her sister.=20

Media Contact

Todd Krispinsky
Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Great Lakes Theater Festival
1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 300
Cleveland, Ohio  44115
(216) 241-5490 x317
(216) 241-6315 Fax
www.greatlakestheater.org

Discover Shakespeare's Great Company!
We are thrilled to announce our NEW 2005 season.  Subscribe today!
Visit our website at www.greatlakestheater.org for a complete list of =
shows,
performance calendars and subscription options.