[NEohioPAL]GLOBAL MUSIC PROJECT FUNDRAISER AND VOLUNTEERS

Richard B icatfishman at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 07:59:37 PDT 2005

Hello fellow Clevelanders. I have been working with
Peter Fosso to organize a one month long fundraiser in
NE Ohio to benefit the charities of GMP
(www.globalmusicproject.org) while encouraging folks
to listen to more live music.

The way the fundraiser will work is by distributing
"collection boxes" to live music clubs for placement
at the bar to collect contributions from patrons.

The objective is to place these boxes with
informational posters and materials promoting GMP in a
total of 150 bars and clubs in NE Ohio. This initial
fundraiser will run from approx. May 1-31 2005.

What we are looking for are ten or so folks who are
interested in Global Music Project to place the boxes
and collect the funds on a weekly basis for
consolidation and submission to GMP. Our goal is to
raise approx $50-100 per week per box during the run
of the fundraiser.

All proceeds less a small percentage to cover YOUR
fuel and some misc. overhead will be submitted to GMP.

If you are intersted in helping, please contact me. We
have some other goodies planned as well including a
series of festivals featuring local music.

If you are interested please contact me via messages
or postings to the board as soon as possible.

Thanks

Global Music Project (www.globalmusicproject.org) is a
way for performers and audiences to use music as a
vehicle to make this planet a better place to live.

The website lets you  listen to new music and purchase
it with the click of the mouse. Simply click on the
"GET MUSIC " button [top] and explore the music here
at Global Music Project by using one of the search
boxes on that page. You can listen to a 60-second
excerpt of a song before you purchase. Songs are $1
each and you can choose to donate a higher amount if
you wish.

Artists can donate the use of an original song and
we'll help promote you to the world. If you are an
artist, click on "UPLOAD YOUR MUSIC" and upload your
song(s) as an mp3 (the digital audio music format).

100% of proceeds (less operating costs) go to Mercy
Corps, Tolerance.org (promoting the spread of peace
and tolerance), World Wildlife Fund (dedicated to
protecting the world's wildlife and wildlands), and
also support the efforts of Sierra Club, Doctors
Without Borders, and UNICEF.

Everyone benefits at Global Music Project.

Artists gain a new audience and the world benefits
from their creativity.  Listeners discover new artists
while contributing to globally-oriented charities.
Record labels have the opportunity to promote their
artists to a new audience.

Our Cleveland effort are the first major fundraiser
outside of GMP's home base in Seattle.