[NEohioPAL]April 21, 2005 - It's Daniel Thompson's 70th Birthday Party (and fundraiser)

Oonawolf at aol.com Oonawolf at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 06:31:18 PDT 2005

Dear Friends,

Please pass along the information so that we may have good attendance.  Call
Ayman at the Algebra Tea House, 2136 Murray Hill Rd. (in LIttle Italy) at
(216) 421-9007 to make your reservations, if you are dining with us; and so that
Ayman will know how much food to prepare.

Beginning at 7:00 p.m., a delicious "Libyan style" vegetarian cous-cous
dinner will be served for $7.00.  Four dollars from every meal will go to benefit
The Homeless Grapevine, an empowerment project of the Northeast Ohio Coalition
for the Homeless.  If you cannot attend, please consider contacting
neoch at neoch.org to make your donation.  We intend to close the evening around 10:00 p.m.
or so.

Sales of Drumplay CDs and cassettes, featuring Daniel Thompson, including
posters and books of his poetry, will also be offered for sale to benefit NEOCH,
and its publishing arm, The Homeless Grapevine.  We will honor Daniel if we
attend, and help out this worthwhile organization which advocates for the
less-fortunate among us.  The Homeless Grapevine newspaper gives voice to the issues
of homelessness affecting Cleveland, and across America.

Otherwise, this is a free event.  April 21 would have been Daniel's 70th
birthday.  We hope that we can raise needed funds through your donations
benefitting the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless - to which Daniel Thompson
contributed and gave his support.  We could do no less in observance of our poet
laureate's 70th birthday.  Special guest, J. Scott Franklin, trumpet/spoken
word, has been added to the bill, and will open for Drumplay as well as join
our set.  See you on Thursday @ 7:00 p.m. at the Algebra Tea House, 2136 Murray
Hill Rd., (in LIttle Italy), Cleveland, Ohio..

Peace,

James Onysko
james at drumplay.com

[Unable to display image]