[NEohioPAL]How do we keep the number of NEOHIOPAL postings manageable?

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 14:04:19 PDT 2005

-------------------------------1114117459

Hi Everyone!

As the list continues to grow an interesting challenge  arises...

How to keep the number of postings  manageable?

Ironically, the more postings there are, the more likely people are  to
delete them en masse without looking at any of them!

Here are a couple of suggestions (suggestions, not guidelines - I  don't want
to become a "list cop") for cutting down on the number of  postings...

1. Only post a the same message once a week.  People don't  want to have a
reminder four times a week about your event.  Trust that if  they are interested
they will open your message and read it. Just be sure to  give a very
descriptive and concise subject line "headline."

2. Consider combining postings instead of doing one for each  event - IE
"AUDITIONS, OPENINGS, CLASSES AT CUYAHOGA LITTLE THEATER."   I know that this
contradicts what I just said about being specific, but it could  cut the number of
postings by a full third.

If any of you have other suggestions, please post them to the  neopal yahoo
group at _http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neopal/_

And for complete FAQs including how to unsubscribe, switch to  digest or
one-at-a-time posting, problems with aol, how to go on hiatus, etc.  see the
_NEohioPAL FAQ's_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm)

Thanks!

Fred

_http://www.fredsternfeld.com_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)
216-360-0708-home
216-496-6087-cell

-------------------------------1114117459

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV><STRONG>Hi Everyone!</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>As the list continues to grow an interesting challenge=20
arises...  </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000>How to keep the number of postings=20
manageable?</FONT>  </STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ironically, the more postings there are, the more likely people=
 are=20
to delete them en masse without looking at any of them!</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Here are a couple of suggestions (suggestions, not guidelines -=
 I=20
don't want to become a "list cop") for cutting down on the number of=20
postings...</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>1. Only post a the same message once a week.  People don't=
=20
want to have a reminder four times a week about your event.  Trust that=
 if=20
they are interested they will open your message and read it. Just be sure to=
=20
give a very descriptive and concise subject line "headline."</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>2. Consider combining postings instead of doing one for each=20
event - IE "AUDITIONS, OPENINGS, CLASSES AT CUYAHOGA LITTLE THEATER."&n=
bsp;=20
I know that this contradicts what I just said about being specific, but it c=
ould=20
cut the number of postings by a full third.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>If any of you have other suggestions, please post them to the=20
neopal yahoo group at <A=20
href=3D"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neopal/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group=
/neopal/</A></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>And for complete FAQs including how to unsubscribe, switch to=20
digest or one-at-a-time posting, problems with aol, how to go on hiatus, etc=
.=20
see the <A href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm">NEohioPAL FAQ=
's</A>=20
</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Thanks!</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Lucida Handwriting" size=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT"=20
PTSIZE=3D"14"><B>Fred</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=
=3D3=20
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12"><BR><BR></B><A=20
href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A><BR>2=
16-360-0708-home<BR>216-496-6087-cell</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>