[NEohioPAL]JANE EYRE Gets SECOND Great Notice

lenne at mindspring.com lenne at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 24 09:53:21 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

The Cleveland premier of Jane Eyre runs Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 and Sundays at 3:00 through May 1.
Call 440-842-4600 for tickets.
Cassidy Theatre, 620 Pearl Rd., Parma Heights

GREAT THEATRE AND IT'S NOT DOWNTOWN by Amy Bulger

"My name is Jane Eyre.  My story begins, gentle audience, a long age ago, in the dark and lonely attic of Gateshead Hall."  And so begins Cassidy Theatre's Cleveland Premiere production of Jane Eyre.  (They had me from that "gentle audience" greeting.)

After tax deadline day...countless loads of wash, and the weekly grocery shopping, I was ripe for an escape.

Director Lenne Snively provided just that.  It wasn't long before I was caught up in Young Jane's (Tricia O'Toole) pitiful orphaned existence at Gateshead Hall, and her unwillingness to succumb her spirit to her surroundings.  I was reminded of the empowerment of forgiveness during Helen Burns' (Rachel Galambos) emotional singing of "Forgiveness", Young Jane's most important lesson learned at Lowood School.  The transition from Young Jane to the adult Jane Eyre (Kristin Netzband) was handled beautiful.  Their lovely duet upon the death of Helen, "The Graveside", was the first of many tearful moments in the musical.

The play takes on a faster pace of humor and intrigue once Jane Eyre becomes governess of Thornfield Hall and meets Mrs. Fairfax (L. Jacobs), the hard-of-hearing, over-excited housekeeper, and Edward Rochester (David Erdei), the handsome, emotionally-scarred owner of the estate.  The powerful duet between Jane and Rochester singing "Secret Soul" was a highlight of the show.  Netzband and Erdei are both accomplished, entertaining singers.

Even knowing the upcoming crisis beforehand didn't take away from my emotional involvement in the drama.  These actors are good.  With the singing of "Brave Enough for Love" at the play's resolution, wiping my cheeks, I found I no longer was occupied with thoughts of things-to-be-done, but on the bigger stuff, like forgiveness, bravery and love, and all thanks to a cast of fabulously talented singers/actors; musicians; the artistic staff; the theatre staff; and everyone else who it takes to bring such life-affirming moments into our lives.

You can experience this beautiful story yourself, and the interesting way the director deals with the challenge of Jane telling her story to the audience.  Jane Eyre--A Musical Drama, runs through May 1st.  Call 440-842-4600 for tickets.
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2604" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy color=#008000 size=4>The Cleveland premier of Jane Eyre runs Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 and Sundays at 3:00 through May 1.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy color=#008000 size=4>Call 440-842-4600 for tickets.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy color=#008000 size=4>Cassidy Theatre, 620 Pearl Rd., Parma Heights</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>GREAT THEATRE AND IT'S NOT DOWNTOWN by Amy Bulger</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>"My name is Jane Eyre.  My story begins, gentle audience, a long age ago, in the dark and lonely attic of Gateshead Hall."  And so begins Cassidy Theatre's Cleveland Premiere production of <EM>Jane Eyre.</EM>  (They had me from that "gentle audience" greeting.)</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>After tax deadline day...countless loads of wash, and the weekly grocery shopping, I was ripe for an escape.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>Director Lenne Snively provided just that.  It wasn't long before I was caught up in Young Jane's (Tricia O'Toole) pitiful orphaned existence at Gateshead Hall, and her unwillingness to succumb her spirit to her surroundings.  I was reminded of the empowerment of forgiveness during Helen Burns' (Rachel Galambos) emotional singing of "Forgiveness", Young Jane's most important lesson learned at Lowood School.  The transition from Young Jane to the adult Jane Eyre (Kristin Netzband) was handled beautiful.  Their lovely duet upon the death of Helen, "The Graveside", was the first of many tearful moments in the musical.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>The play takes on a faster pace of humor and intrigue once Jane Eyre becomes governess of Thornfield Hall and meets Mrs. Fairfax (L. Jacobs), the hard-of-hearing, over-excited housekeeper, and Edward Rochester (David Erdei), the handsome, emotionally-scarred owner of the estate.  The powerful duet between Jane and Rochester singing "Secret Soul" was a highlight of the show.  Netzband and Erdei are both accomplished, entertaining singers.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>Even knowing the upcoming crisis beforehand didn't take away from my emotional involvement in the drama.  These actors are good.  With the singing of "Brave Enough for Love" at the play's resolution, wiping my cheeks, I found I no longer was occupied with thoughts of things-to-be-done, but on the bigger stuff, like forgiveness, bravery and love, and all thanks to a cast of fabulously talented singers/actors; musicians; the artistic staff; the theatre staff; and everyone else who it takes to bring such life-affirming moments into our lives.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Andy size=4>You can experience this beautiful story yourself, and the interesting way the director deals with the challenge of Jane telling her story to the audience.  <EM>Jane Eyre--A Musical Drama, runs through May 1st.  Call 440-842-4600 for tickets.</EM></FONT></STRONG></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--