[NEohioPAL]The Rocky Horror Show --- June 15 - July 10

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed May 18 14:01:16 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C55BCB.341E0B00

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE
Steps Out of the Box withTHE ROCKY HORROR SHOW
Don your black lace and fishnet stockings and head down to the Valley =
for THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW, a campy, gender-bender of a musical by =
Richard O'Brien. If you have fond memories of 1950s-style rock 'n' roll, =
double-feature science-fiction movies and vintage comic strips, then =
Weathervane Playhouse is the place to be June 15 - July 10, 2005. =
Sixteen rockin' performances are available including several =
"late-night" shows. (A performance schedule is at the end of this =
release.)

The setting is a dark and stormy night. Janet and Brad have just =
attended a friend's wedding and Janet has caught the bouquet. They head =
out into the country to pay a visit to an ex-science teacher but, when =
they have a blow-out, must backtrack to a castle they passed a few miles =
back. They set out in the pouring rain covering themselves with pages of =
the Akron Beacon Journal as the audience pretends to do the same. The =
newspapers for onstage as well as those included in the audience =
participation kits are generously provided through a sponsorship by the =
Akron Beacon Journal. From their entrance to the castle to their narrow =
escape, Brad and Janet's adventure is quite bizarre. Characters include =
a butler (of course), his incestuous sister, groupies, a fifties =
rocker-monster, the current "experiment," an all-purpose villain and Dr. =
Scott - Brad's tutor! This spoof on old horror movies is performed to =
the accompaniment of a rock score in the style of the 1950s.

How old do you have to be before you can safely see THE ROCKY HORROR =
SHOW? We ask you to be sensible. The content might be a bit too much for =
the younger members of the family and the audience participation may get =
a bit rude. We suggest ages 16 and older due to the content of the =
musical.

As for audience participation.This is a live presentation of the =
musical. We ask that you do not throw or squirt anything at the cast and =
to stay in your seat at all times with the exception of The Time Warp =
and when otherwise instructed to do so. Audience-participation kits ($5 =
per bag) will be sold in the lobby before each performance. Only the =
items sold in the kits may be taken into the theater auditorium; no =
"outside items" are permitted.

The Rocky Horror Show is sponsored in part by Roetzel and Andress.
Media sponsor is the Akron Beacon Journal.

Perhaps The Rocky Horror Show is not your cup of tea. We do have an =
alternative. If you love a different style of music from the '50s, the =
Plaids will put a smile on your face in Forever Plaid, with toe-tapping =
songs including Three Coins in a Fountain, Moments to Remember, Sixteen =
Tons, Heart and Soul, Catch a Falling Star, Rags to Riches and =
Shangri-La. If this is more your "bag," join us during a limited run =
from June 22 - 26 sponsored by Summa Hospitals Foundation. There are =
FIVE performances only -- Wednesday, June 22 at 7:30 p.m., Friday, June =
24 at 7 p.m., Saturday, June 25 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, June 26 at 2:30 =
p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Anyone who dares to see both Forever Plaid and The Rocky Horror Show on =
the SAME NIGHT - which is possible on Friday, June 24 or Saturday, June =
25 - will receive a special gift from the Playhouse.

Rocky Horror Performance Schedule:

Weds., June 15 @ 7:30 p.m.
Thurs., June 16 @ 7:30 p.m.
Friday, June 17 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., June 18 @ 8 p.m.
Sun., June 19 @ 2:30 p.m.

Thurs., June 23 @ 10:30 p.m.
Fri., June 24 @ 10:30 p.m.
Sat., June 25 @ 10:30 p.m.

Weds., June 29 @ 7:30 p.m.
Thurs., June 30 @ 7:30 p.m.
Fri., July 1 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., July 2 @ 8 p.m.

Thurs., July 7 @ 7:30 p.m.
Fri., July 8 @ 8 p.m.
Sat., July 9 @ 8 p.m.
Sun., July 10 @ 2:30 p.m.

THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW - It's a drag, literally! See it at Weathervane =
Playhouse June 15 - July 10, 2005. Low-cost preview performances on =
Wednesday and Thursday, June 15 & 16 at 7:30 p.m. with official opening =
on Friday, June 17 at 8:00 p.m. Other performances listed below. Charge =
by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626. Call between 10 =
a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Tickets: $20 (Other Tickets: =
Wed. & Thurs previews $14, Children 17 or younger $16, College Students =
and Senior Citizens $18 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price =
student rush tickets may be purchased at the door with ID).

The play is recommended for audiences over the age of 16 and contains =
mature situations.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth,
education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.
Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber =
Companywww.weathervaneplayhouse.com
***30***

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C55BCB.341E0B00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial></FONT><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG>WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2><STRONG>Steps Out =
of the Box=20
with</STRONG><STRONG>THE ROCKY HORROR=20
SHOW</STRONG></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Don your black lace and fishnet stockings and head down to the Valley =
for=20
<B><I>THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW</I>, </B>a campy, gender-bender of a musical =
by=20
Richard O=92Brien. If you have fond memories of 1950s-style rock =91n=92 =
roll,=20
double-feature science-fiction movies and vintage comic strips, then =
Weathervane=20
Playhouse is the place to be <B>June 15 =96 July 10, 2005</B>. Sixteen =
rockin=92=20
performances are available including several "late-night" shows. (A =
performance=20
schedule is at the end of this release.)</P>
<P>The setting is a dark and stormy night. Janet and Brad have just =
attended a=20
friend=92s wedding and Janet has caught the bouquet. They head out into =
the=20
country to pay a visit to an ex-science teacher but, when they have a =
blow-out,=20
must backtrack to a castle they passed a few miles back. They set out in =
the=20
pouring rain covering themselves with pages of the <B>Akron Beacon =
Journal</B>=20
as the audience pretends to do the same. The newspapers for onstage as =
well as=20
those included in the audience participation kits are generously =
provided=20
through a sponsorship by the <B>Akron Beacon Journal</B>. From their =
entrance to=20
the castle to their narrow escape, Brad and Janet=92s adventure is quite =
bizarre.=20
Characters include a butler (of course), his incestuous sister, =
groupies, a=20
fifties rocker-monster, the current "experiment," an all-purpose villain =
and Dr.=20
Scott =96 Brad=92s tutor! This spoof on old horror movies is performed =
to the=20
accompaniment of a rock score in the style of the 1950s.</P>
<P>How old do you have to be before you can safely see <B><I>THE ROCKY =
HORROR=20
SHOW?</B></I> We ask you to be sensible. The content might be a bit too =
much for=20
the younger members of the family and the audience participation may get =
a bit=20
rude. We suggest ages 16 and older due to the content of the =
musical.</P>
<P>As for audience participation=85This is a live presentation of the =
musical. We=20
ask that you do not throw or squirt anything at the cast and to stay in =
your=20
seat at all times with the exception of <I>The Time Warp</I> and when =
otherwise=20
instructed to do so. Audience-participation kits ($5 per bag) will be =
sold in=20
the </FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>lobby before each =
performance. Only the=20
items sold in the kits may be taken into the theater auditorium; no =
"outside=20
items" are permitted.</P>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>The Rocky Horror Show is =
sponsored in=20
part by Roetzel and Andress.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>Media sponsor is the =
Akron Beacon=20
Journal.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Perhaps <I>The Rocky Horror Show</I> is not your =
cup of=20
tea. We do have an alternative. If you love a different style of music =
from the=20
=9150s, the Plaids will put a smile on your face in <B><I>Forever=20
Plaid</B>,</FONT></I><FONT face=3DArial> with toe-tapping songs =
including <I>Three=20
Coins in a Fountain, Moments to Remember, Sixteen Tons, Heart and Soul, =
Catch a=20
Falling Star, Rags to Riches</I> and <I>Shangri-La.</I> If this is more =
your=20
"bag," join us during a limited run from June 22 =96 26 sponsored by =
<B>Summa=20
Hospitals Foundation</B>. There are FIVE performances only -- Wednesday, =
June 22=20
at 7:30 p.m., Friday, June 24 at 7 p.m., Saturday, June 25 at 8 p.m. and =
Sunday,=20
June 26 at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.</FONT></DIV>
<P>Anyone who dares to see both <I>Forever Plaid</I> and <I>The Rocky =
Horror=20
Show</I> on the SAME NIGHT =96 which is possible on Friday, June 24 or =
Saturday,=20
June 25 =96 will receive a special gift from the Playhouse.</P><B><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>Rocky Horror</I> Performance Schedule:</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weds., June 15 @ 7:30 p.m.<BR>Thurs., June 16 @ 7:30=20
p.m.<BR>Friday, June 17 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., June 18 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sun., June =
19 @=20
2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter><BR>Thurs., June 23 @ 10:30 p.m.<BR>Fri., June 24 @ =
10:30=20
p.m.<BR>Sat., June 25 @ 10:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weds., June 29 @ 7:30 p.m.<BR>Thurs., June 30 @ 7:30=20
p.m.<BR>Fri., July 1 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., July 2 @ 8 p.m.<BR><BR>Thurs., =
July 7 @=20
7:30 p.m.<BR>Fri., July 8 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sat., July 9 @ 8 p.m.<BR>Sun., =
July 10 @=20
2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter></P><B><I>
<P>THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW =96 It=92s a drag, literally!</B></I> See it at =
Weathervane=20
Playhouse <B>June 15 =96 July 10, 2005</B>. Low-cost preview =
performances on=20
<B>Wednesday and Thursday, June 15 & 16 at <U>7:30 p.m.</B></U> with =

official opening on <B>Friday, June 17 at 8:00 p.m.</B> Other =
performances=20
listed below. Charge by phone at Weathervane=92s Ticket Office at=20
<B>330-836-2626</B>. <B><I>Call between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday =
through=20
Friday. </B>Tickets: $20 </I>(Other Tickets: Wed. & Thurs previews =
$14,=20
Children 17 or younger $16, College Students and Senior Citizens $18 on=20
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price student rush tickets may =
be=20
purchased at the door with ID<I>).</P></I>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial><STRONG>The play is recommended =
for audiences=20
over the age of 16 and contains mature=20
situa</STRONG>tions.</FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D1>
<DIV align=3Dcenter> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Ohio Arts Council =
helped fund this=20
program with state tax dollars to encourage economic =
growth,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>education excellence and =
cultural=20
enrichment for all Ohioans.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, =
Goodyear Tire=20
& Rubber Companywww.weathervaneplayhouse.com</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>***30***</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C55BCB.341E0B00--