[NEohioPAL]CPTseeking vocal coach / singing teacher

education education at cptonline.org
Fri Jun 3 11:15:06 PDT 2005

Cleveland Public Theatre's STEP (Student Theatre Enrichment Program) is
dedicated to challenging at-risk teens with the craft and discipline of
creating and performing original works of theatre.  This summer, STEP will
be performing a new work in eight different public parks throughout
Cleveland. We are seeking a voice coach / singing teacher to join our team
of artists, led by Chris Seibert and Raymond Bobgan.

Last summer we performed successfully at two outdoor parks without any sound
system or amplification. We plan to do that again this coming summer and we
are looking for a vocal coach who can work with inexperienced performers to
get them to this level quickly.

In addition to text, a cappella singing will play an important part in the
performance. We typically use multi-cultural, traditional music (African,
European, American, Middle-Eastern, Latino/Hispanic, etc), or create our own
songs inspired by such music.

The ideal candidate will have experience:
Teaching Voice
Teaching Singing and Songs (see above)
Working with Youth (ages 14-19)
Collaborating

Additionally, experience in devised theatre (creating original works) and
creating new music would be a plus.

Please respond only by email with an attached resume.

education at cptonline.org