[NEohioPAL]Abuse of posting rules on NeOhioPAL?

Michael Roesch moon at en.com
Wed Jun 22 17:02:50 PDT 2005

Dear Fred and Fellow List Members,
I hate to be a complainer in a forum like this, but lately I have
noticed certain people have been really abusing the rules about making
posts with graphics and or attachments.  Some of us subscribers are
still on good old fashioned dial-up connections, so please try and be
considerate since I cannot get my normal email while I am waiting for
your 400K+ to 2MB(!!!) emails to download.  I guess I could just suck it
up or unsubscribe rather than deal with this, but I don't believe it is
fair that people have been consistently (and often repeatedly) IGNORING
the rules of posting that are very clearly defined at:
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm

And I quote, /"Put your message in the body of the e-mail. *No
attachments & no graphics." */*
*And again,/"If you want people to see pictures than you should set them
up on a website and send out the link with your message.//*"
*/
Personally, I think Fred's list is a very valuable resource that should
not be taken for granted or abused.  When you ignore the rules, you
become essentially a SPAMMER, or worse, since at least most spam is not
2MB in size.

I was very hesitant about sending this message for a variety of reasons,
mostly because it might piss someone off, and that is not my intention.
Perhaps this message might get a few people to think a little before
posting, or perhaps someone might brainstorm a solution for what seems
to be a growing problem.  PLEASE, lets not turn this into a spam list
and lose a very valuable resource and forum.

Thanks,
Michael Roesch

P.S.  Once Fred also posted some "suggestions" for saving bandwidth and
going easy on people's in boxes by reducing the number/frequency of
postings.  It'd be really great if someone could repost that to the list
for anyone that might have missed it.