[NEohioPAL]Actors' Summit musical comedy - a definite hit!

Pommy Pommy at neo.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 20:42:30 PDT 2005

--=====================_25792733==_.ALT

The Thing About Men is a great little show!  I'd never heard of it before,
but I'll bet I'll hear of it again.  Cute premise:  Rich guy who's having
an extramarital affair finds out his wife is also having one and follows
her to find out who it is with.  Turns out to be a penniless artist, living
in a loft in a downtown slum.  The plot that follows has some surprising
and very funny turns.  The songs are terrific; nothing you've ever heard of
- yet.  Not your typical Sound of Music-type songs (the nuns would never
have used such language!)  :-)

The cast is excellent, with Sandra Emerick working her usual magic and Kent
LeMar showing an amazing talent for comedy.  Tricia Bestic and Jamie Koeth
are both very talented, too.  But the undeniable star of the show is Scott
Boulware.  What a talent that guy is!  He's one of the most natural actors
I've even seen.  Terrific voice!  Hard to find a man with such a good voice
who can act too - but Actors' Summit hit the jackpot with Scott.

It was a wonderful evening of musical theater and I thoroughly enjoyed
it.  Judging by the reactions of the rest of the audience, they all did, too.

--Linda Ryan

--=====================_25792733==_.ALT

heard of it before, but I'll bet I'll hear of it again.  Cute
premise:  Rich guy who's having an extramarital affair finds out his
wife is also having one and follows her to find out who it is with.
Turns out to be a penniless artist, living in a loft in a downtown
slum.  The plot that follows has some surprising and very funny
turns.  The songs are terrific; nothing you've ever heard of -
yet.  Not your typical <i>Sound of Music</i>-type songs (the nuns
would never have used such language!)  :-)<br>
The cast is excellent, with Sandra Emerick working her usual magic and
Kent LeMar showing an amazing talent for comedy.  Tricia Bestic and
Jamie Koeth are both very talented, too.  But the undeniable star of
the show is Scott Boulware.  What a talent that guy is!  He's
one of the most natural actors I've even seen.  Terrific
voice!  Hard to find a man with such a good voice who can act too -
but Actors' Summit hit the jackpot with Scott.<br>
It was a wonderful evening of musical theater and I thoroughly enjoyed
it.  Judging by the reactions of the rest of the audience, they all
did, too.<br>
--Linda Ryan<br>