[NEohioPAL]theatre anecdotes needed

BRAD SCHREIBER brashcyber at pcmagic.net
Tue Jun 28 11:14:18 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C57BD2.86D48370

Below is info on a book I am doing on theatre anecdotes...Can you =
provide me some stories, forward the below to theatre fans and/or post =
on the Net?

Thanks so much for letting me know...Please reply so I won't bother you =
again with another exasperating e-mail plea of desperation...Best, Brad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I have just signed to do a book about things going terribly wrong during =
live theatre. It's called Stop the Show! A History of Absurd Incidents =
and Insane Accidents in the Theatre and it will be published next year =
by Thunder's Mouth Press, an imprint of Avalon Publishing in New York.

I am looking for e-mailed, specific stories. All contributors will be =
acknowledged, either in the body of the story, if the person is =
involved, or on an acknowledgments page, if the person is relating a =
story secondhand.

It can be tragic, like the man who died of a heart attack during the =
opening weeks of The Phantom of the Opera, because he didn't know the =
chandelier falling from the ceiling of the Broadway theatre was a prop.

It can be humorous, like the small Alabama theatre where an actress, =
playing a mother putting a pie in a working oven, burned down the whole =
set, forcing the audience to leave for twenty minutes, come back and =
watch the rest of the show with no set and a lingering smell of smoke.

Lowliest amateur production to Broadway and the West End. Standup =
comedy. Performance art. Personal anecdote or one gleaned from =
publication or a story told. United States or the UK, any time in the =
last 100 years or so. Onstage, backstage, in the audience, in the lobby, =
in the flies above the stage, I don't care.

Please use brashcyber at pcmagic.net to contact me with stories or any =
questions.

Many thanks,

Brad Schreiber
Back Stage West
Los Angeles
---
The Brad Schreiber Homepage
www.brashcyber.com

Storytech Literary Consulting
www.thewritersjourney.com
------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C57BD2.86D48370

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Below is info on a book I am doing on theatre anecdotes...Can =
you=20
provide me some stories, forward the below to theatre fans and/or post =
on the=20
Net?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks so much for letting me know...Please reply so I won't bother =
you=20
again with another exasperating e-mail plea of desperation...Best, =
Brad</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</=

<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I have just signed to do a book about things going terribly=20
wrong during live theatre. It's called <EM>Stop the Show! A History =
of=20
Absurd Incidents and Insane Accidents in the Theatre</EM> and it will be =

published next year by Thunder's Mouth Press, an imprint of Avalon =
Publishing in=20
New York.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I am looking for e-mailed, specific stories. All contributors will =
be=20
acknowledged, either in the body of the story, if the person is =
involved, or on=20
an acknowledgments page, if the person is relating a story =
secondhand.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It can be tragic, like the man who died of a heart attack during =
the=20
opening weeks of <EM>The Phantom of the Opera</EM>, because he didn't =
know the=20
chandelier falling from the ceiling of the Broadway theatre was a =
prop.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It can be humorous, like the small Alabama theatre where an =
actress,=20
playing a mother putting a pie in a working oven, burned down the whole =
set,=20
forcing the audience to leave for twenty minutes, come back and watch =
the rest=20
of the show with no set and a lingering smell of smoke.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Lowliest amateur production to Broadway and the West End. Standup =
comedy.=20
Performance art. Personal anecdote or one gleaned from publication or a =
story=20
told. United States or the UK, any time in the last 100 years or so. =
Onstage,=20
backstage, in the audience, in the lobby, in the flies above the stage, =
I don't=20
care.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Please use <A=20
href=3D"mailto:brashcyber at pcmagic.net">brashcyber at pcmagic.net</A> to =
contact me=20
with stories or any questions.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Many thanks,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Brad Schreiber</DIV>
<DIV>Back Stage West</DIV>
<DIV>Los Angeles</DIV></DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/dlf4f"></A></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>---<BR>The Brad Schreiber Homepage<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.brashcyber.com">www.brashcyber.com</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Storytech Literary Consulting<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.thewritersjourney.com">www.thewritersjourney.com</A></=