[NEohioPAL]Workshop Players Presents "The Foreigner" - A Comedy by Larry Shue

WSPAmherst at aol.com WSPAmherst at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 17:35:53 PDT 2005

-------------------------------1120437353

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round presents Larry Shue's wonderful
comedy, The Foreigner.

Imagine two Englishmen arriving as  guests to a fishing lodge in rural
Tilghman County Georgia.  Froggy  convinces his extremely shy friend Charlie to get
away from the stresses of his  terminally ill wife by joining him on this
journey.  Charlie asks only that  he not be required to socialize with any guests.
 So, Froggy tells the  guests at the lodge that Charlie is foreign and can
not speak English. This  attempt to keep them from interacting with Charlie has
the hilarious opposite  effect. Since they assume Charlie cannot understand,
they reveal their  secrets and Charlie learns of the scandals amongst the
residents of the lodge.  The result is hysterical to say the least. If you need a
good laugh this  summer, this is the show to see.

Director, Dave Mackeigan has assembled a  terrific cast. Froggy (Mike
Leuszler), Charlie (Jack Warren), Betty (Dorothy  Greenholtz ), and David(Brett
Miller) will be familiar faces to regulars  of Workshop Players. Catherine(Anne
Rinehart), Ellard (Jeremy Warren) and  Owen (Herb Hammer) are all newcomers to
the Workshop stage.

Please note: There will be a strobe light in use during this  performance.

Production dates for The Foreigner  are July 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 at 8
p.m., with Sunday matinees on July 17  and 24 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 each
and may be reserved by calling our box  office at 440-988-5613. Discounts are
available for groups of 15 or  more.

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle  Ridge Road
in Amherst.

- 30 -

-------------------------------1120437353

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1476" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #800080; FONT-FAMILY: Book Antiqua"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3>
<DIV>Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round presents Larry Shue's wonderful=20
comedy, <B><I>The Foreigner</I></B>. <BR><BR>Imagine two Englishmen arriving=
 as=20
guests to a fishing lodge in rural Tilghman County Georgia.  Froggy=20
convinces his extremely shy friend Charlie to get away from the stresses of=20=
his=20
terminally ill wife by joining him on this journey.  Charlie asks only=20=
that=20
he not be required to socialize with any guests.  So, Froggy tells the=20
guests at the lodge that Charlie is foreign and can not speak English. This=20
attempt to keep them from interacting with Charlie has the hilarious opposit=
e=20
effect. Since they assume Charlie cannot understand, they reveal t=
heir=20
secrets and Charlie learns of the scandals amongst the residents of the lodg=
e.=20
The result is hysterical to say the least. If you need a good laugh thi=
s=20
summer, this is the show to see.<BR><BR>Director, Dave Mackeigan has assembl=
ed a=20
terrific cast. Froggy (Mike Leuszler), Charlie (Jack Warren), Betty (Dorothy=
=20
Greenholtz ), and David(Brett Miller) will be familiar faces to regulars=20
of Workshop Players. Catherine(Anne Rinehart), Ellard (Jeremy Warren) a=
nd=20
Owen (Herb Hammer) are all newcomers to the Workshop stage. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Please note: There will be a strobe light in use during this=20
performance.</STRONG><BR><BR>Production dates for <B><I>The Foreigner</I></B=
>=20
are July 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 at 8 p.m., with Sunday matinees on July=20=
17=20
and 24 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and may be reserved by calling our box=
=20
office at 440-988-5613. Discounts are available for groups of 15 or=20
more.<BR><BR>Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middl=
e=20
Ridge Road in Amherst.<BR></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>- 30 -</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>