[NEohioPAL]Last Chance To See Workshop Players' "The Foreigner"

WSPAmherst at aol.com WSPAmherst at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 16:17:04 PDT 2005

-------------------------------1121901424

Upcoming is the final weekend for Workshop Players  Theatre-in-the-Round's
hilarious production of Larry  Shue's comedy, The Foreigner.

Imagine two Englishmen  arriving as guests to a fishing lodge in rural
Tilghman County Georgia.   Froggy convinces his extremely shy friend Charlie to get
away from the stresses  of his terminally ill wife by joining him on this
journey.  Charlie asks  only that he not be required to socialize with any guests.
 So, Froggy  tells the guests at the lodge that Charlie is foreign and can
not speak English.  This attempt to keep them from interacting with Charlie has
the hilarious  opposite effect. Since they assume Charlie cannot understand,
they reveal their secrets and Charlie learns of the scandals amongst the
residents of the lodge. The result is hysterical to say the least. If you  need a
good laugh this summer, this is the show to see.

Director, Dave  Mackeigan has assembled a terrific cast. Froggy (Mike
Leuszler), Charlie (Jack  Warren), Betty (Dorothy Greenholtz ), and David(Brett
Miller) will be familiar  faces to regulars of Workshop Players. Catherine(Anne
Rinehart), Ellard  (Jeremy Warren) and Owen (Herb Hammer) are all newcomers to
the Workshop  stage.

Please note: There will be a strobe light in use during this  performance.

Final production dates for The  Foreigner are July 22 and 23 at 8 p.m., with
a Sunday matinee on  July  24 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and may be
reserved by calling our  box office at 440-988-5613. Discounts are available for
groups of 15 or  more.

Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle  Ridge Road
in Amherst.

- 30 -

"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better  lighting"

-------------------------------1121901424

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1476" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #800080; FONT-FAMILY: Book Antiqua"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3>
<DIV>
<DIV id=3DAOLMsgPart_2_1ff9df53-5716-45ce-a362-389bd056ee2d><FONT id=3Drolx_=
document=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3>
<DIV>Upcoming is the final weekend for Workshop Players=20
Theatre-in-the-Round's hilarious production of Larry=20
Shue's comedy, <B><I>The Foreigner</I></B>. <BR><BR>Imagine two English=
men=20
arriving as guests to a fishing lodge in rural Tilghman County Georgia.&nbsp=
;=20
Froggy convinces his extremely shy friend Charlie to get away from the stres=
ses=20
of his terminally ill wife by joining him on this journey.  Charlie ask=
s=20
only that he not be required to socialize with any guests.  So, Froggy=20
tells the guests at the lodge that Charlie is foreign and can not speak Engl=
ish.=20
This attempt to keep them from interacting with Charlie has the hilarious=20
opposite effect. Since they assume Charlie cannot understand,=20
they reveal their secrets and Charlie learns of the scandals amongst th=
e=20
residents of the lodge. The result is hysterical to say the least. If y=
ou=20
need a good laugh this summer, this is the show to see.<BR><BR>Director, Dav=
e=20
Mackeigan has assembled a terrific cast. Froggy (Mike Leuszler), Charlie (Ja=
ck=20
Warren), Betty (Dorothy Greenholtz ), and David(Brett Miller) will be famili=
ar=20
faces to regulars of Workshop Players. Catherine(Anne Rinehart), Ellard=
=20
(Jeremy Warren) and Owen (Herb Hammer) are all newcomers to the Worksho=
p=20
stage. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Please note: There will be a strobe light in use during this=20
performance.</STRONG><BR><BR>Final production dates for <B><I>The=20
Foreigner</I></B> are July 22 and 23 at 8 p.m., with a Sunday matinee on=20
July  24 at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and may be reserved by calling=20=
our=20
box office at 440-988-5613. Discounts are available for groups of 15 or=20
more.<BR><BR>Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middl=
e=20
Ridge Road in Amherst.<BR></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>- 30 -</DIV></FONT></DIV><!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_1ff9df53-5716-45ce-a3=
62-389bd056ee2d --></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Book Antiqua" color=3D#800080 size=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SERIF"=20
PTSIZE=3D"11">"If the whole world's a stage, I demand better=20
lighting"</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>