[NEohioPAL]New Musical! Looking for composers/cowrite song lyrics- Maureen Carey

frodob at collegeclub.com frodob at collegeclub.com
Thu Jul 21 14:04:41 PDT 2005

------=_Part_3440_19314401.1121979882358

               I am an aspiring writer from Cleveland Heights who is looking for someone to co-write songs for a musical that I am in the process of writing with another person.

           The musical is based on the book Steamboat by Judith Heide Gilliland which chronicles the real life adventures of Captain Blanche Leathers who was the first steamboatwoman captain in America. She was a woman who beat all obstacles that life handed to her and went on to become "The Angel of the Mississipi".

           I am absolutely thrilled to be cowriting this piece because writers get a chance to bring obscure stories into the public awareness and consciousness and allows real people whose interesting lives might be forgotten with the passage of time to have their story heard and experienced by others.

            Making her life into a musical will, I think, add that much more to the telling of her story because the songs will add a timeless quality and emotional depth to the piece. Also, I have never attempted a musical although I have written a few plays before. This story will be an awesome tribute to her life :)

              If you are interested, you can contact me at (216) 382-2714 or via Internet: frodob at collegeclub.com

------=_Part_3440_19314401.1121979882358--