[NEohioPAL]Looking for one Asian actor

Johnny johnny at mdifilm.com
Sat Jul 23 18:57:07 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C58FD1.78F7CDD0

I'm currently involved in a feature that will be shot in Warsaw, Indiana
on Sep 2-4 weekend by Ohioan Mickey Fisher with DP Scott Spears, a
reputable director of photography whom currently working on a 35mm
horror film War of Horror (shooting in Columbus).

I'm in search of one Asian actor, mid 20s or so that would be interested
in being part of Mr. Fisher's feature Summer Nuts playing within a Asian
Softball team that does incredible kungfu stunt... I will be driving
there on Sep 2 and you may share the ride with me there for the shoot,
If you are interested, please email him directly. Below is a PR he'd
sent out:

WARSAW, IN. - Ohio based Leo's Pride Entertainment and Indiana based
Digital Realm Productions are teaming up to produce SUMMER NUTS, the
second feature film by writer-director Mickey Fisher. The film is a
comedy about a rag tag group of actors from a struggling summer stock
theater who form the worst summer softball team in the history of the
sport. The flick will be shooting in and around Warsaw, Indiana
beginning in late August.

"We picked Warsaw because it's like a second home to me," Fisher said.
"I spent four summers as an actor doing stock at The Wagon Wheel
Theater, and for the past three years I've been coming here to do all
the editing for my movie, THE KING OF IRON TOWN", with Tony Teel and
Scott Puckett, at The Digital Realm."

THE KING OF IRON TOWN, Fisher's first feature, was set and shot in
Southern Ohio, beginning in 2002. In the year of post-production that
followed, Fisher worked with editor Tony Teel and Emmy Award winning
camera man and post-support engineer Scott Puckett. The movie was picked
up earlier this year for home video distribution by Vanguard Cinema, and
should be available in stores all over the country by late September.
Prior to the deal, Leo's Pride and company won 3rd Place Best Feature at
The Appalachian Film Festival, a festival dedicated to showcasing films
that were made in that region.

"Securing distribution for THE KING OF IRON TOWN was a big help in
getting to this next step, our second film. We decided to partner up
with Digital Realm on this project, since they played such a huge role
in the success of the last movie." Fisher says, "With this cast and some
of the great locations around here, I think it will be a really fun
movie. Everything is coming together very quickly".

FROM SUMMER STOCK TO BROADWAY

SUMMER NUTS tells the story o!$%*roup of actors from a small town summer
stock theater called The Shining Summer Stars Barbecue and Theatre.
Faced with plummeting ticket sales, the theater makes a desperate
attempt to regain its audience. One way they plan to do this is by
producing an original show, geared to their core audience of
Bible-Belter seniors. Thus, THE OLD TESTAMENT musical is born. The other
tactic is to curry community favor by participating in popular events,
such as the town's most popular sport, Men's Softball. They turn to
Jerry, the technical director, to assemble a credible team of men to
participate. What follows is the most disastrous season in the history
of the sport.

"Casting has been great fun, since I was able to use lots of people from
my theater days, including a bunch of actors from The Wagon Wheel, and
from my alma mater, The Conservatory of Music in Cincinnati. And, we
have a bunch of Broadway vets, like Matt Bogart (MISS SAIGON, AIDA),
Stephen Colella (LES MIS), and Scott Hunt (RENT), as well as Jonathan
Clark and Dominic Bogart (RENT National Tour), the two lead actors from
my first movie."

Fisher began his career as a musical theater actor following his
four-year term at CCM. He moved to New York City in 1997, and began
producing his original work with a company he co-founded, The Liilaa
Company. Their latest theatrical invention, a beat poetry /rock musical
called SUBWAY TRAIN played at The 2004 New York International Fringe
Festival. Fisher placed 6th in The Writer's Digest National Playwriting
Competition, in the Top 10% of The Nicholl Fellowship, and Top 250
Scripts in Project Greenlight 2.

SUMMER NUTS is partly based on the true story of the summer he spent in
Cincinnati, playing softball at the urging of his friend, Stephen
Colella, who formed the team from a pool of actors and technicians at
CCM's summer rep program, Hot Summer Nights.

If you would like some more information about SUMMER NUTS, please email:
leosprideent at yahoo.com.

==========================
Media Design Imaging
216.373.3278
http://www.mdifilm.com <http://www.mdifilm.com/>

President (2004-2005)
Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland
http://www.ocagc.org <http://www.ocagc.org/>

Independent Pictures
http://www.ohiofilms.com <http://www.ohiofilms.com/>

Wu Jia Quan Shu
(martial arts)
http://www.wujiaquan.com <http://www.wujiaquan.com/>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C58FD1.78F7CDD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2668" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D925195101-24072005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm =
currently=20
involved in a feature that will be shot in Warsaw, Indiana on Sep 2-4 =
weekend by=20
Ohioan Mickey Fisher with DP Scott Spears, a reputable director of =
photography=20
whom currently working on a 35mm horror film War of Horror (shooting in=20
Columbus).</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D925195101-24072005><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D925195101-24072005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm in =
search of one=20
Asian actor, mid 20s or so that would be interested in being part of Mr. =

Fisher's feature Summer Nuts playing within a Asian Softball team that =
does=20
incredible kungfu stunt... I will be driving there on Sep 2 and you =
may=20
share the ride with me there for the shoot, If you are interested, =
please email=20
him directly. Below is a PR he'd sent out:</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D925195101-24072005><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D925195101-24072005><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>WARSAW, IN. – Ohio=20
based Leo’s Pride Entertainment and Indiana based Digital Realm =
Productions are=20
teaming up to produce SUMMER NUTS, the second feature film by =
writer-director=20
Mickey Fisher. The film is a comedy about a rag tag group of actors from =
a=20
struggling summer stock theater who form the worst summer softball team =
in the=20
history of the sport. The flick will be shooting in and around Warsaw, =
Indiana=20
beginning in late August.<BR><BR>“We picked Warsaw because =
it’s like a second=20
home to me,” Fisher said. “I spent four summers as an actor =
doing stock at The=20
Wagon Wheel Theater, and for the past three years I’ve been coming =
here to do=20
all the editing for my movie, THE KING OF IRON TOWN”, with Tony =
Teel and Scott=20
Puckett, at The Digital Realm.”<BR><BR>THE KING OF IRON TOWN, =
Fisher’s first=20
feature, was set and shot in Southern Ohio, beginning in 2002. In the =
year of=20
post-production that followed, Fisher worked with editor Tony Teel and =
Emmy=20
Award winning camera man and post-support engineer Scott Puckett. The =
movie was=20
picked up earlier this year for home video distribution by Vanguard =
Cinema, and=20
should be available in stores all over the country by late September. =
Prior to=20
the deal, Leo’s Pride and company won 3rd Place Best Feature at =
The Appalachian=20
Film Festival, a festival dedicated to showcasing films that were made =
in that=20
region.<BR><BR>“Securing distribution for THE KING OF IRON TOWN =
was a big help=20
in getting to this next step, our second film. We decided to partner up =
with=20
Digital Realm on this project, since they played such a huge role in the =
success=20
of the last movie.” Fisher says, “With this cast and some of =
the great locations=20
around here, I think it will be a really fun movie. Everything is coming =

together very quickly”.<BR><BR>FROM SUMMER STOCK TO =
BROADWAY<BR><BR>SUMMER NUTS=20
tells the story o!$%*roup of actors from a small town summer stock =
theater=20
called The Shining Summer Stars Barbecue and Theatre. Faced with =
plummeting=20
ticket sales, the theater makes a desperate attempt to regain its =
audience. One=20
way they plan to do this is by producing an original show, geared to =
their core=20
audience of Bible-Belter seniors. Thus, THE OLD TESTAMENT musical is =
born. The=20
other tactic is to curry community favor by participating in popular =
events,=20
such as the town’s most popular sport, Men’s Softball. They =
turn to Jerry, the=20
technical director, to assemble a credible team of men to participate. =
What=20
follows is the most disastrous season in the history of the=20
sport.<BR><BR>“Casting has been great fun, since I was able to use =
lots of=20
people from my theater days, including a bunch of actors from The Wagon =
Wheel,=20
and from my alma mater, The Conservatory of Music in Cincinnati. And, we =
have a=20
bunch of Broadway vets, like Matt Bogart (MISS SAIGON, AIDA), Stephen =
Colella=20
(LES MIS), and Scott Hunt (RENT), as well as Jonathan Clark and Dominic =
Bogart=20
(RENT National Tour), the two lead actors from my first movie.” =
<BR><BR>Fisher=20
began his career as a musical theater actor following his four-year term =
at CCM.=20
He moved to New York City in 1997, and began producing his original work =
with a=20
company he co-founded, The Liilaa Company. Their latest theatrical =
invention, a=20
beat poetry /rock musical called SUBWAY TRAIN played at The 2004 New =
York=20
International Fringe Festival. Fisher placed 6th in The Writer’s =
Digest National=20
Playwriting Competition, in the Top 10% of The Nicholl Fellowship, and =
Top 250=20
Scripts in Project Greenlight 2. <BR><BR>SUMMER NUTS is partly based on =
the true=20
story of the summer he spent in Cincinnati, playing softball at the =
urging of=20
his friend, Stephen Colella, who formed the team from a pool of actors =
and=20
technicians at CCM’s summer rep program, Hot Summer Nights. =
<BR><BR>If you would=20
like some more information about SUMMER NUTS, please email:=20
leosprideent at yahoo.com.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Media Design =
Imaging</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>216.373.3278</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.mdifilm.com/">http://www.mdifilm.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>President =
(2004-2005)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Organization of Chinese =
Americans of=20
Greater Cleveland</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.ocagc.org/">http://www.ocagc.org</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Independent =
Pictures</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.ohiofilms.com/">http://www.ohiofilms.com</A></FONT></D=

<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wu Jia Quan =
Shu</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(martial =
arts)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.wujiaquan.com/">http://www.wujiaquan.com</A></FONT></D=

<DIV align=3Dleft> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C58FD1.78F7CDD0--