[NEohioPAL]Tribute to Bill Allman

Bkmiecik at aol.com Bkmiecik at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 12:46:37 PDT 2005

--part1_143.49d0178a.30193e9d_boundary

I'd like to add to the sentiment expressed about the death of Bill
Allman.Bill was a living example of all that is great about people in theatre.For those
that may not have known,he was a mainstay of educational theatre as head of
the department at Baldwin-Wallace College,and invested countless hours
establishing and administrating Berea Summer Theatre which no longer exists except
within the pleasant memories of those who spent summers there.
Whether in a classroom or on a stage,he taught me,and one could learn much
from Bill by simply listening.It was not difficult to listen to any of his
stories usually told with a unique sense of humor.
I recall the great Thanksgiving week trips to New York he arranged through
the college,and so affordable that back then even a pauper like me could go
often.He would have actors like Brian Bedford,and directors like Alan Schnieder
come and speak to the students at the hotel,or arrange back stage tours where we
could discuss the art with actors,technicians and so forth.
I could do no more than echo Mr.Braun's eloquent remarks about the type of
person Bill was.Bill could have had the worst day of his life personally but you
would never know it.All you would see was his warmth,honesty,and genuine
caring.
It's impossible to imagine the number of people he helped and inspired over
the course of his life.
There is always a void when a community of any size faces the loss of a
rare,one of a kind individual,but Bill would be the first to say The Show Must Go
On.Even now he inspires as I think ahead,for he lived his passion right up to
the end of his long and rewarding life.How could one not admire that? How could
I not wish to do the same?
A theatre at the College is named for him,and rightly so.I would suggest that
anytime one enters it,that a thought be held in one's mind/heart for Bill and
his life of dedication to the theatre.
My wife and I had the chance to see Bill a few times over the last year or
so,and of course now we are glad we did.
I'll end by just repeating some of his most often said,but still relevant
words......
If You Like The Show........Tell Your Friends
Robert Allen and Carol Starre Kmiecik

--part1_143.49d0178a.30193e9d_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000040" SIZE=3D2 P=
TSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Tahoma" LANG=3D"0">I'd like to add t=
o the sentiment expressed about the death of Bill Allman.Bill was a living e=
xample of all that is great about people in theatre.For those that may not h=
ave known,he was a mainstay of educational theatre as head of the department=
 at Baldwin-Wallace College,and invested countless hours establishing and ad=
ministrating Berea Summer Theatre which no longer exists except within the p=
leasant memories of those who spent summers there.<BR>
Whether in a classroom or on a stage,he taught me,and one could learn much f=
rom Bill by simply listening.It was not difficult to listen to any of his st=
ories usually told with a unique sense of humor.<BR>
I recall the great Thanksgiving week trips to New York he arranged through t=
he college,and so affordable that back then even a pauper like me could go o=
ften.He would have actors like Brian Bedford,and directors like Alan Schnied=
er come and speak to the students at the hotel,or arrange back stage tours w=
here we could discuss the art with actors,technicians and so forth.<BR>
I could do no more than echo Mr.Braun's eloquent remarks about the type of p=
erson Bill was.Bill could have had the worst day of his life personally but=20=
you would never know it.All you would see was his warmth,honesty,and genuine=
 caring.<BR>
It's impossible to imagine the number of people he helped and inspired over=20=
the course of his life.<BR>
There is always a void when a community of any size faces the loss of a rare=
,one of a kind individual,but Bill would be the first to say The Show Must G=
o On.Even now he inspires as I think ahead,for he lived his passion right up=
 to the end of his long and rewarding life.How could one not admire that? Ho=
w could I not wish to do the same?<BR>
A theatre at the College is named for him,and rightly so.I would suggest tha=
t anytime one enters it,that a thought be held in one's mind/heart for Bill=20=
and his life of dedication to the theatre.<BR>
My wife and I had the chance to see Bill a few times over the last year or s=
o,and of course now we are glad we did.<BR>
I'll end by just repeating some of his most often said,but still relevant wo=
rds......<BR>
If You Like The Show........Tell Your Friends<BR>
Robert Allen and Carol Starre Kmiecik</FONT></HTML>

--part1_143.49d0178a.30193e9d_boundary--