[NEohioPAL]Jim Snively Open Mic (McNamara's) + New Songwriter's Workshop (Riders Inn)

lenne at mindspring.com lenne at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 8 10:57:33 PDT 2005

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

          Open Mic at McNamara's Pub, near Edgewater Park, on Lake Rd, one block South of The Lighthouse Inn
           Every Monday night 7:00---?

Open Mics: who goes to them?  Well, Jen Chapin, singer/songwriter on a par with her late famous Dad Harry, for one.  Vivian Campbell, guitarist and vocalist for Def Leppard for another.  How do I know this?  They told me.
             When I spoke to Jen about McNamara's Open Mic she asked if it was a good one.  I told her that there were players who come to McNamara's that were plenty good enough to sit in with her right now.  She smiled a knowing smile and said she had been to such open mics in Boston and she loved them.
             And Friday I went to see Def Leppard play.  Prior to the show I had a chance to talk with a man that later introduced himself as Vivian Campbell, guitar/vocals, and a band member for Def Leppard He is originally from Belfast, Ireland, and now resides in Los Angeles.  As we spoke about music, McNamara's crept into the conversation.  And when he found out I hosted the Open Mic there every Monday Night,  he matter of factly said:  "I play at them when I am home and not on tour. They're fun".
             He's right. They are fun. And the bottom line is this:  a musician is a musician regardless of where are in the pecking order of celebrity.  Speaking of which . . .   these past few weeks have seen some very talented musicians: G. S.  Harper;  Scott Smith, Diana Tyler,John Ones,  St. Andrew, Brian Matheny, Jeff Lakatos, The Emerald Frequency, Steve Wilson, Alan Madje, Chelsea Ryann (spl?), Terry Writz, Unsub,and the list goes on.  I'm sure I've forgotten someone and if I've forgotten you please forgive me.

 SONGWRITERS WORKSHOP,  Riders Inn, 792 Mentor Ave., Painesville, Ohio
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm........?

Beginning this Tuesday, August 9, I will be hosting a Songwriters Workshop (yep,  me.  Imagine that) at the Riders Inn.  Their phone (Cleveland) is 440 942 2742.  Come and join other songwriters, try out your new material, talk about your craft with other songwriters, musicians and good listeners.  Bring your friends for an evening of original entertainment.

Jim (Loose Change) Snively
pickrjm at aol.com
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><BR><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10">          Open Mic at McNamara's Pub, near Edgewater Park, on Lake Rd, one block South of The Lighthouse Inn</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10">           Every Monday night 7:00---? </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10"></FONT></FONT></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10">Open Mics: who goes to them?  Well, Jen Chapin, singer/songwriter on a par with her late famous Dad Harry, for one.  Vivian Campbell, guitarist and vocalist for Def Leppard for another.  How do I know this?  They told me.<BR>             When I spoke to Jen about McNamara's Open Mic she asked if it was a good one.  I told her that there were players who come to McNamara's that were plenty good enough to sit in with her right now.  She smiled a knowing smile and said she had been to such open mics in Boston and she loved them.<BR>             And Friday I went to see Def Leppard play.  Prior to the show I had a chance to talk with a man that later introduced himself as Vivian Campbell, guitar/vocals, and a band member for Def Leppard He is originally from Belfast, Ireland, and now resides in Los Angeles.  As we spoke about music, McNamara's crept into the conversation.  And when he found out I hosted the Open Mic there every Monday Night,  he matter of factly said:  "I play at them when I am home and not on tour. They're fun".<BR>             He's right. They are fun. And the bottom line is this:  a musician is a musician regardless of where are in the pecking order of celebrity.  Speaking of which <B>. . .</B>   these past few weeks have seen some very talented musicians: G. S.  Harper;  Scott Smith, Diana Tyler,John Ones,  St. Andrew, Brian Matheny, Jeff Lakatos, The Emerald Frequency, Steve Wilson, Alan Madje, Chelsea Ryann (spl?), Terry Writz, Unsub,and the list goes on.  I'm sure I've forgotten someone and if I've forgotten you please forgive me.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10"></FONT></FONT></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10"><STRONG> SONGWRITERS WORKSHOP,  Riders Inn, 792 Mentor Ave., Painesville, Ohio</STRONG></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Arial size=2>1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm........?</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10"><STRONG>Beginning this Tuesday, August 9, I will be hosting a Songwriters Workshop (yep,  me.  Imagine that) at the Riders Inn.  Their phone (Cleveland) is 440 942 2742.  Come and join other songwriters, try out your new material, talk about your craft with other songwriters, musicians and good listeners.  Bring your friends for an evening of original entertainment.</STRONG></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jim (Loose Change) Snively</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A href="mailto:pickrjm at aol.com">pickrjm at aol.com</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--