[NEohioPAL]CASTING: Prominent roles in Ingenuity Fest. Short Film

Itsy Bitsy itsybitsyproductions at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:27:23 PDT 2005

Itsy Bitsy Productions is recruiting PROMINENTLY FEATURED EXTRAS for
their short film, "Gray Goo."  The film is being shot in Downtown
Cleveland on Friday, September 2, as part of the Ingenuity Festival
(www.ingenuitycleveland.com). Extras of all ages and backgrounds are
welcome.

We will be filming two sets of extras - one working from 2pm until
3.15pm and another working from 2pm through to 4.45pm. Unlike most
extras, ours play a crucial role in the story and are prominently
featured in the film's key scenes.

Please contact us to confirm your availability for those times, and to
be booked as part of our roster of Featured Extras.

All of our extras will be credited in the end credits, given a DVD
copy of the film once it is completed and be invited to a special
"Cast and Crew Preview" evening.

"Gray Goo" has a confirmed screening at the Cleveland Independent Film
Festival in November. To follow below is an excerpt from the film's
official press release and synopsis.

Itsy Bitsy Productions
(216) 526-6585

GRAY GOO
The term "Gray Goo Apocalypse" was coined by the scientist Eric
Drexler in 1986 when he warned the nanotechnology community of
potential ecophagy from runaway microscopic, self-replicating
machines. Though this scare never caught on with the public in the way
that environmental issues such as global warming certainly have, it
did generate a lot of concerned debate in the scientific community,
not to mention column inches in their press. Any panic proved to be
relatively short-lived, with most scientists agreeing that any threat
from nanotechnological advances would come from less fantastical
quarters, genuine dangers that could be overshadowed by any "Gray Goo"
hysterics.

Itsy Bitsy Productions' short film "Gray Goo" takes a satirical look
at a short burst of such hysteria. Our events center around one man's
street corner flier canvassing and the subsequent sit-in protest he
initiates - almost on the spur of the moment. We watch as the campaign
flames become fanned and, later, extinguished, and we meet a variety
of true-to-life characters who get involved in such social and
political causes. When all is said and done, and all the campaign
fliers have gone and the street corner is free of protesters, placards
and passionate chanting, one question remains: Who are the real
"Architects of the Apocalypse?" Should we point the finger at emerging
technology or at those who engender fear and spread disinformation?