[NEohioPAL]"School of Rock" Film in Downtown Kent

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Sun Aug 21 11:11:01 PDT 2005

--MS_Mac_OE_3207478262_346372_MIME_Part

Greetings,

 WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts and Downtown Kent Businesses

WHAT:  Sidewalk Cinema!
-Screening of =B3School of Rock=B2 starring Jack Black
-A Free Outdoor Event
-Right after Kent State University=B9s =B3Stars and Streetlights=B2 Event
=20
WHEN:  Friday, August 26th at 9:30pm
=20
WHERE:  Home Savings Plaza in downtown Kent (at the intersection of Main an=
Water)

www.standingrock.net
Questions:  330-673-4970

This community event will feature food and beverages by local vendors,
including Stahl's Bakery, Metropolis Popcorn, Glorias Coffee and Cakes and
The Electric Cafe Company (ECC).  Fun for the whole family!
=20
Questions?  Contact Jeff Ingram at Standing Rock Cultural Arts
*Rain Date is slated for Saturday, August 27 at 9pm
=20
This is a D.I.C.E. event and is sponsored by The City of Kent, Standing Roc=
Cultural Arts and City Bank Antiques.

The School of Rock (2003)
     Directed by
Richard Linklater

Writing credits (WGA)
Mike White (written by)

Plot Outline: A wannabe rock star in need of cash poses as a substitute
teacher at a prep school, and tries to turn his class into a rock band.

Awards: Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 6 wins & 11 nominations.

Dewey Finn is a lazy freeloader and a guitarist in a rock band who plays
gigs every night and sleeps every day, in his friend Ned Schneebly's
apartment. One day as he shows up late for band practice he notices a new
guitar player who is replacing him. Poor Dewey feels so bad about it and
also about Ned and his girlfriend threatening to kick him out since he
doesn't pay any of the bills. After a few days of trying to sell his
guitars, which doesn't go very well, the head of a school calls and asks fo=
Ned Schneebly, who is a talented substitute teacher with a good reputation.
In a desperate attempt to getting money fast, Dewey impersonates Ned and
conveniently finds himself the teacher of a third grade ( or something like
that ) class for several weeks ahead. Yet another one of his crazy ideas
strikes him and his plan to turn his class into a rockband to win the Battl=
of the Bands competition is set in motion.
School Of Rock is a great feel-good comedy, fun for just about anyone of an=
age, kids or adults. Jack Black does carry a lot of this film on his own bu=
I won't be too harsh on the kids in the movie, they did very well also. If
anyone else should play Dewey Finn rather than Jack, it just wouldn't be th=
same. Since Jack is actually in a rock band in real life, and has played a
few characters in films before who are also into music, he just seemed to
fit right into this film. His real passion for rock music helps a lot in
this film, and makes Dewey Finn one heck of a good character. The plot to
this film is really good.   I think and Mike White did a great job on the
screenplay. As did Linklater on the direction of the film.

Review by Fred from Sweden
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
---------------

--MS_Mac_OE_3207478262_346372_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"School of Rock" Film in Downtown Kent</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
</B> <B><I>WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts and Downtown Kent Busines=
ses<BR>
</I></B><BR>
<B><I>WHAT:  Sidewalk Cinema!<BR>
-Screening of =B3School of Rock=B2 starring Jack Black<BR>
-A Free Outdoor Event<BR>
-Right after Kent State University=B9s =B3Stars and Streetlights=B2 Event<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>WHEN:  Friday, August 26th at 9:30pm<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>WHERE:  Home Savings Plaza in downtown Kent (at the intersection=
 of Main and Water)<BR>
<BR>
www.standingrock.net<BR>
Questions:  330-673-4970<BR>
<BR>
This community event will feature food and beverages by local vendors, incl=
uding Stahl's Bakery, Metropolis Popcorn, Glorias Coffee and Cakes and The E=
lectric Cafe Company (ECC).  Fun for the whole family!   &nbs=
p;<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>Questions?  Contact Jeff Ingram at Standing Rock Cultural Arts<B=

*Rain Date is slated for Saturday, August 27 at 9pm<BR>
</I></B> <BR>
<B><I>This is a D.I.C.E. event and is sponsored by The City of Kent, Standi=
ng Rock Cultural Arts and City Bank Antiques.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</I><FONT SIZE=3D"6">The School of Rock </FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5">(<U>2003</U>)<B=

</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">    &=
nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Directed by<BR>
</B></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><U>Richard Linklater=
<BR>
</U><BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Writing credits</B></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5=
"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> </FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><=
FONT SIZE=3D"4">(<U>WGA</U>)</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"> <BR>
<U>Mike White</U> (written by)<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Plot Outline:</B></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5">=
<FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> A wannabe rock star in need of cash poses as a=
 substitute teacher at a prep school, and tries to turn his class into a roc=
k band. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"><B>Awards:</B></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> Nominated for Golden Globe. Another 6 wins & 11 =
nominations.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Dewey Finn is a lazy freeloader and a guitarist in a rock band who plays gi=
gs every night and sleeps every day, in his friend Ned Schneebly's apartment=
. One day as he shows up late for band practice he notices a new guitar play=
er who is replacing him. Poor Dewey feels so bad about it and also about Ned=
 and his girlfriend threatening to kick him out since he doesn't pay any of =
the bills. After a few days of trying to sell his guitars, which doesn't go =
very well, the head of a school calls and asks for Ned Schneebly, who is a t=
alented substitute teacher with a good reputation. In a desperate attempt to=
 getting money fast, Dewey impersonates Ned and conveniently finds himself t=
he teacher of a third grade ( or something like that ) class for several wee=
ks ahead. Yet another one of his crazy ideas strikes him and his plan to tur=
n his class into a rockband to win the Battle of the Bands competition is se=
t in motion. <BR>
School Of Rock is a great feel-good comedy, fun for just about anyone of an=
y age, kids or adults. Jack Black does carry a lot of this film on his own b=
ut I won't be too harsh on the kids in the movie, they did very well also. I=
f anyone else should play Dewey Finn rather than Jack, it just wouldn't be t=
he same. Since Jack is actually in a rock band in real life, and has played =
a few characters in films before who are also into music, he just seemed to =
fit right into this film. His real passion for rock music helps a lot in thi=
s film, and makes Dewey Finn one heck of a good character. The plot to this =
film is really good.   I think and Mike White did a great job on t=
he screenplay. As did Linklater on the direction of the film.<BR>
<BR>
Review by Fred from Sweden<BR>
</FONT></FONT> ------------------------------------------------------------=
<B><I><BR>
</I></B><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></FONT><B><I><BR>
</I></B>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3207478262_346372_MIME_Part--