[NEohioPAL]Thank you to everyone who came to Cleveland IndieClub meeting on August 21!

Johnny johnny at mdifilm.com
Sun Aug 21 18:25:40 PDT 2005

August 21's meeting was impressive, a lot of people to thank and a lot
of new faces:

Thanks to Michael Balas and his equipment, we got things moving, thanks
to Richard Ingraham for bringing his speakers, and thanks to David
Perkowski for allowing us having our meeting at The Hyacinth Lofts plus
providing us water and cookies and thanks to Andrew (never gotten his
last name) the resident of Loft 105 for allowing us to use his place...

Obviously, I want to thank the people that came and showcasing their
short films, plus the 70+ people that was there! Yes, a lot of people
(From Columbus, Port Clinton, Youngstown, etc) :)

Richard and Arya Kumar, both are great speaker providing additional
insight on music and sound effects for films...

Plus everyone who brought a copy or more of their movies for raffle, we
are doing it again for September, so if you have any movies you want to
raffle it off, bring them! (At least for now, I know Joe Ostrica's Guys
will be raffled) :)

About 50% of the attendees were there for the first time (to IndieClub
meeting) so it shows people are interested in networking and learning
about filmmaking and the Cleveland community is growing... Julie
Washington from the Plain Dealer came and took a lot of notes :) I hope
everyone will get a nice write up by our best local filmmaking reporter
:)

September's short films are blocked, so now I'm needing some for Oct and
Nov. let me know ASAP if you want to be included, for sure, Mr. Balas
will have a 15 or so mins video for us to enjoy, thanks to him by
allowing us come in and check out his studio... Impressive! (plus more
soon added at www.clevelandindieclub.com)

Hopefully by Oct I'll have a short martial art films as well, but stay
tune. ;)

Thanks again to everyone who came and making this a great time!

Upcoming events:

Sep 10 - horror film simultaneous showing at different cities, The
Ancient, done by several IndieClub members in TX, MA, etc. 7pm starts at
Talkies Film and Coffee Bar, 2521 Market Avenue, Cleveland.

Sep 18, Cleveland IndieClub meeting at The Hyacinth, 1pm to 4pm, hosted
by Donald Gregory, special guest Richard Fike Sr., topic: Stunts and
visual effects for film, video and theatre. www.clevelandindieclub.com

Sep 24-25, Twisted Spine Micro Film Fest, FREE, visit
http://www.twistedspine.com/Micro/2005/Micro_Fest_Show_Info.htm, me,
Bill Johns, Robert Banks Jr., Peter John Ross and several others will be
providing workshops at the fest

Johnny Wu
www.mdifilm.com