[NEohioPAL]Ingenuity, the Festival of Art & Technology

Brooke Willis brookewillis at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 00:36:01 PDT 2005

--B_3207699363_9593662

Dear fabulous NEohioPAL members---

I am posting an opportunity relating to Ingenuity, the Art & Technology
Festival, for which I am coordinating volunteers. We need tons of volunteer=
and I thought that you would like this sort of opportunity.

Ingenuity is a HUGE arts & technology festival taking place downtown over
Labor Day weekend, created and co-directed by Cleveland Public Theatre
founder James Levin and CoolCleveland.com creator Thomas Mulready (who
directed the Performance Art Festival at CPT for many years). There will be
four days of events, spread across 22 venues between Tower City Center and
East Ninth Street, all over Euclid Avenue and its side streets and alleys,
and in major venues like Fat Fish Blue, House of Blues, Pickwick &  Frolic,
the Hyatt at the Old Arcade, the Cleveland Trust Rotunda and the Galleria.
Naturally, this will require a TON of volunteers, for everything from
paraders to main gate greeters to pop+water sales to stage helpers to ticke=
sales to beer garden to media helpers to info booth gurus to tidy-uppers to
Children=B9s Village helpers and much more. Something for everyone, at any
time that suits you.
>=20
We are looking for help during the festival, which runs Thursday evening
through Sunday night,  September 1--4, in 3-hour shifts. We are also lookin=
for help before the festival, distributing programs & postcards,
coordinating pickups, checking artist contracts, updating databases, callin=
and taking calls, etc. Of course, you=B9ll get a cool Ingenuity t-shirt and
credentials, in addition to free admission, bottled water & snacks, and a
place to chill out before and after your shifts.

Please check out the Ingenuity website (below) and consider volunteering fo=
a couple shifts, and reply to me with your full name, areas of interest,
areas of expertise, best phone number, best e-mail address, street address,
and best times to help out over the following schedule:
Thursday 7pm=8B12:30am
Friday   noon=8B3am
Saturday noon=8B3am
Sunday noon=8B3am
(these volunteer hours run slightly later than the actual festival hours)

Thanks very much!
--=20
Brooke Willis <brookewillis at earthlink.net>
216-861-4946 h, 216-272-4118 c, bswillis65 aim
2590 West 15th St., Cleveland, OH 44113-4460

Ingenuity Cleveland - volunteer coordinator, etc.
brooke at ingenuitycleveland.org
http://www.ingenuitycleveland.com
http://www.coolcleveland.com/files/video/ingenuity30.mpg

--B_3207699363_9593662

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Ingenuity, the Festival of Art & Technology</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Dear fabulous NEohioPAL=
 members---<BR>
<BR>
I am posting an opportunity relating to Ingenuity, the Art & Technology=
 Festival, for which I am coordinating volunteers. We need <B>tons </B>of vo=
lunteers and I thought that you would like this sort of opportunity.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Ingenuity </B>is a HUGE arts & technology festival taking place down=
town over Labor Day weekend, created and co-directed by Cleveland Public The=
atre founder James Levin and CoolCleveland.com creator Thomas Mulready (who =
directed the Performance Art Festival at CPT for many years). There will be =
<B>four days</B> of events, spread across <B>22 venues</B> between Tower Cit=
y Center and East Ninth Street, all over Euclid Avenue and its side streets =
and alleys, and in major venues like Fat Fish Blue, House of Blues, Pickwick=
 &  Frolic, the Hyatt at the Old Arcade, the Cleveland Trust Rotund=
a and the Galleria. Naturally, this will require a TON of volunteers, for ev=
erything from paraders to main gate greeters to pop+water sales to stage hel=
pers to ticket sales to beer garden to media helpers to info booth gurus to =
tidy-uppers to Children’s Village helpers and much more. Something for=
 everyone, at any time that suits you.<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0p=
x'><BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0=
px'>We are looking for help during the festival, which runs Thursday evening=
 through Sunday night,  <B>September 1--4,</B> in 3-hour shifts. We are=
 also looking for help before the festival, distributing programs & post=
cards, coordinating pickups, checking artist contracts, updating databases, =
calling and taking calls, etc. Of course, you’ll get a cool Ingenuity =
t-shirt and credentials, in addition to free admission, bottled water & =
snacks, and a place to chill out before and after your shifts.<BR>
<BR>
Please check out the Ingenuity website (below) and consider volunteering fo=
r a couple shifts, and reply to me with your full name, areas of interest, a=
reas of expertise, best phone number, best e-mail address, street address, a=
nd best times to help out over the following schedule:<BR>
Thursday 7pm—12:30am<BR>
Friday   noon—3am<BR>
Saturday noon—3am<BR>
Sunday noon—3am<BR>
(these volunteer hours run slightly later than the actual festival hours)<B=

<BR>
<B>Thanks very much!<BR>
</B>B<BR>
-- <BR>
Brooke Willis <brookewillis at earthlink.net><BR>
216-861-4946 h, 216-272-4118 c, bswillis65 aim<BR>
2590 West 15th St., Cleveland, OH 44113-4460<BR>
<BR>
Ingenuity Cleveland - volunteer coordinator, etc.<BR>
brooke at ingenuitycleveland.org <BR>
om</a> <BR>
ww.coolcleveland.com/files/video/ingenuity30.mpg</a><BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>