[NEohioPAL]help New Orleans musicians

Anastasjoy at aol.com Anastasjoy at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 16:41:38 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/10/05 5:48:29 PM, popcycles at sbcglobal.net writes:

<< I've heard through the musical grapevine that there are a lot of New
Orleans musicians who have lost their instruments, music, etc., -- the things they
use in order to make their living playing music.

Here is a Web site that tells how to help them:  www.noahleans.com.

I'm not familiar with her, but she is very likely one of a great many
individuals in some way connected with the New Orleans music scene trying to get
something going to help the scattered musicians. If you'd like to help in a more
established way, the Preservation Hall jazz club in the French Quarter
(www.preservationhall.com) has already established a musicians' fund and has been
posting news about musicians that have been found. Also the New Orleans Musicians
Clinic is estalbishing a sort of "government in exile" in Lafayette. They have
been a key force in helping the local musicians all along and are another
good way to help out. You can find them at www.wwoz.org/clinic. WWOZ-FM is also
keeping and updating a list of musicians who have been located safe if you have
a favourite New Orleans musician and want to know how they are doing.