[NEohioPAL]OCAGC Moon Festival is open to the public

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Mon Sep 12 13:50:28 PDT 2005

Hello everyone, I just wanted to clearify that the OCAGC Moon Festival
celebration is an event open to public, and we welcome anyone to come
attend, we will have great 8-course sit-down dinner, great Asian talent
performing and a variety of interesting live auction items.

The event is our once a year fundraising event, we invite you all to
come and celebrate our Chinese cultural event with festive fun, please
consider rsvping with me at your earliest convenient as we have to get a
head count for the restaurant. Thank you.

Saturday, September 17, 2005
Li Wah Chinese Restaurant
2999 Payne Avenue,
Cleveland, Ohio,
starting at 6:30pm.

Moon Festival celebrations, though relatively new to the U.S., have been
held throughout Asia for well over 1,000 years.  This holiday is a time
to reflect upon the bounty of the Summer-harvest, the fullness of the
moon, and the myth of the immortal moon Goddess, Chang O, who lives in
the moon.

Notwithstanding its mythological origins, the Moon Festival today is
considered a sort of "Chinese Thanksgiving" because of its spirit of
gratitude, and its inclusion of abundant food - including the popular
moon cake.  Moon cakes are flaky, round, semi-sweet pastries often
filled with bean or lotus-seed paste and topped with a duck egg, echoing
the shape of the full moon.  Many millions of moon cakes are given as
gifts around the time of the Moon Festival.

The Moon Festival is among the most celebrated of all holidays
worldwide.

The celebration includes:
- An 8-Course Delicious Sit-Down Chinese Cuisine Dinner*

- Moon Cakes & Raffles

-  Live Auction (for auction items pictures visit www.ocagc.org)
            * Tang Dynasty's Oil Painting (minimum bid $400),
* Local famous painter Mitzi Lai's digital painting (minimum bid $200),
* Brass Chinese figurines (minimum bid small $50.00 large $75.00),
* Jinshan Chinese farmer painting (minimum bid $300)

- Entertainment/Performances by local Asian Talents:
* Live scoring compositing by Award Winning Aryavarta Kumar
* Martial Arts Performance by Master Tony Yang and Students
* Traditional Gu Zheng performance by Alison Jin
* Traditional Gu Zheng performance by Rosa Lee
* Solo Tibet Dance by Yin Tang
* Fan Dance by Jane Tang & Helen Zhang

$25/OCAGC member - $30/OCAGC non-member
formal attire

* 8 course dinner include:  Assorted Dim Sum BBQ Pork Platter, Crabmeat
Fish-man Soup, Squid & Chicken in Chinese Green, Crispy Chicken, Honey
Pepper Steak & Asparagus, Salt backed Shrimps, Peking Spare Ribs, Steam
Fish, Young Chow Fried Rice and Braised Noodles with Mushrooms

for ticket information or RSVP,  please email president at ocagc.org or
call:
Ray & Shan Chan @ 440.846.0113
Lana Den @ 440.255.7290
Ray & Barbara Hing @ 440.248.0329
Dr. Yachun Ku @ 216.881.6999
Henry Luu @ 216.533.3888
Huili Shi @ 216.514.0880
Johnny Wu @ 216.373.3278

The Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland (OCAGC) is
one chapter of the national OCA which contains over 54 chapters and 84
affiliates around the US. We are non-profit, non-partisan civil rights
and educational organization. We are dedicated to promoting cultural
heritage, active participation in civic and community affairs, securing
justice, and equal treatment and equal opportunity for all Americans of
Chinese and Asian/Pacific Islander descent. "Embracing the Hopes and
Aspiration of Chinese and Asian Pacific Americans in the United States"

The Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland (OCAGC)
serves the continually growing Chinese/Asian American community of
Northeast Ohio and works with other organizations and communities to
promote ethnic awareness and cultural diversity.  www.ocagc.org

======================
Join the independent filmmaker's free monthly meeting
http://www.mdifilm.com/indieclub.html for more info

Johnny Wu
Media Design Imaging
Media creations for Marketing Solutions
http://www.mdifilm.com
216.373.3278

Wu Jia Quan Shu
2800 years of Chinese Martial Art Family System
http://www.wujiaquan.com

President (2004-2005)
Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland
http://www.ocagc.org

Independent Pictures
Dedicated to indie filmmaking and media expression
http://www.ohiofilms.com
216.651.7315