[NEohioPAL]theater story contributions for a published writer Please Help

Hollywood Prep fromstage2screen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 07:20:22 PDT 2005

--0-1972919816-1127139622=:61106

Hello everyone!

I just received a request from one of my Hollywood friends and I thought I would pass this on to all of you.  Let's get some great theater stories from Cleveland into this book!  We have a lot of rich history here.  Share your stories!!!

Thank You Kindly for your assistance.
Maureen Dempsey
http://www.hollywoodprep.com/hollywood_prep_school.htm

Here it is...

I have just signed to do a book about things going terribly wrong during live theatre. It's called Stop the Show! : Absurd Incidents and Insane Accidents in the Theatre and it will be published next year by Thunder's Mouth Press, an imprint of Avalon Publishing in New York.

I am looking for e-mailed, specific stories. All contributors will be acknowledged, either in the body of the story, if the person is involved, or on an acknowledgments page, if the person is relating a story secondhand.

It can be tragic, like the man who died of a heart attack during the opening weeks of The Phantom of the Opera, because he didn't know the chandelier falling from the ceiling of the Broadway theatre was a prop.

It can be humorous, like the night a homeless woman crawled onstage during Cats on Broadway, rubbed up against some astonished performers, sang a bit of "Memory" off key and escaped through a backstage door.

Lowliest amateur production to Broadway and the West End. Standup comedy. Performance art. Personal anecdote or one gleaned from publication or a story told. United States or the UK, any time in the last 100 years or so. Onstage, backstage, in the audience, in the lobby, in the flies above the stage, I don't care.

With your story, join the ranks of past theatrical legends like Arthur Miller, John Barrymore, Ethel Merman, Jason Robards or modern luminaries like Mike Nichols, Jerry Stiller, Elaine Stritch and so many others. Edward Albee, who kindly gave me a playwriting residency in the 80s, is scheduled to write the introduction.

Please use brashcyber at pcmagic.net to contact me with stories or any questions.

Many thanks,

Brad Schreiber
Los Angeles

---
The Brad Schreiber Homepage
www.brashcyber.com

Storytech Literary Consulting
www.thewritersjourney.com

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
--0-1972919816-1127139622=:61106

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hello everyone!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I just received a request from one of my Hollywood friends and I thought I would pass this on to all of you.  Let's get some great theater stories from Cleveland into this book!  We have a lot of rich history here.  Share your stories!!!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thank You Kindly for your assistance.</DIV>
<DIV>Maureen Dempsey</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.hollywoodprep.com/hollywood_prep_school.htm">http://www.hollywoodprep.com/hollywood_prep_school.htm</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Here it is...</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I have just signed to do a book about things going terribly wrong during live theatre. It's called <EM>Stop the Show! : Absurd Incidents and Insane Accidents in the Theatre</EM> and it will be published next year by Thunder's Mouth Press, an imprint of Avalon Publishing in New York.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I am looking for e-mailed, specific stories. All contributors will be acknowledged, either in the body of the story, if the person is involved, or on an acknowledgments page, if the person is relating a story secondhand.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It can be tragic, like the man who died of a heart attack during the opening weeks of <EM>The Phantom of the Opera</EM>, because he didn't know the chandelier falling from the ceiling of the Broadway theatre was a prop.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>It can be humorous, like the night a homeless woman crawled onstage during <EM>Cats</EM> on Broadway, rubbed up against some astonished performers, sang a bit of "Memory" off key and escaped through a backstage door.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Lowliest amateur production to Broadway and the West End. Standup comedy<STRONG>.</STRONG> Performance art. Personal anecdote or one gleaned from publication or a story told. United States or the UK, any time in the last 100 years or so. Onstage, backstage, in the audience, in the lobby, in the flies above the stage, I don't care.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>With your story, join the ranks of past theatrical legends like Arthur Miller, John Barrymore, Ethel Merman, Jason Robards or modern luminaries like Mike Nichols, Jerry Stiller, Elaine Stritch and so many others. Edward Albee, who kindly gave me a playwriting residency in the 80s, is scheduled to write the introduction.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Please use <A href="http://us.f329.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=brashcyber@pcmagic.net" target=_blank>brashcyber at pcmagic.net</A> to contact me with stories or any questions.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Many thanks,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Brad Schreiber</DIV>
<DIV>Los Angeles</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>---<BR>The Brad Schreiber Homepage<BR><A href="http://www.brashcyber.com/" target=_blank>www.brashcyber.com</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Storytech Literary Consulting<BR><A href="http://www.thewritersjourney.com/" target=_blank>www.thewritersjourney.com</A></DIV></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! for Good<br>