[NEohioPAL]Cleveland IndieClub Meeting - Oct 23

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Mon Sep 19 08:11:16 PDT 2005

Once again, September 18th Cleveland IndieClub meeting was a packed
house of 80 people, we wanted to thank our host Donald Gregory, the
filmmakers showing their reels, our guest speaker Rick Fike Sr.  Expect
to read a write up soon in the Plain Dealer as well!

We are now collecting reels (30 mins or less) to be screen at November
and December 2005 IndieClub meetings, if you would like to be
considered, contact Johnny Wu ASAP.

Oct 23 meeting info below

--------------------

Cleveland IndieClub FREE Monthly Networking Meeting - October 23, 2005

The Cleveland IndieClub (part of the worldwide Indieclub.com with over
200,000 registered members) meets every month, free of charge, for those
who have the passion for making movies using film or video (whether it
is in acting, directing, producing, writing, lighting or any other
skill) and are looking for others who have similar interests.

Cleveland IndieClub is administrated by Johnny K. Wu and generally
hosted each month by their members, which offers each an opportunity to
create a variety of interest and topic.

Cleveland IndieClub official website: www.clevelandindieclub.com

Sunday, October 23, 1pm to 4pm at

The Hyacinth Lofts
3030 East 63rd Street
Cleveland, Ohio, 44127
Please park on the street and enter from front of the building.
Dial 022 to be buzzed in

Hosted by Nicholas D'Amico, Cleveland Classics Cinema

Guest Speaker: Robert Banks Jr., Filmmaker

TOPIC: Common Courtesy - It's not Rocket Science

Robert Banks Jr. is Johnny K. Wu's good friend and collaborator in many
projects, he is also one of the legendary award winning filmmaker in
Cleveland, his films been shown at festivals and receiving many awards.
Robert will explain some of the basic principles and common senses in
independent filmmaking process.

In addition, Cleveland IndieClub will screen and discusss short films,
scenes, and trailers from:

- Nicholas D'Amico's Cleveland Classics Cinema
- Metal Detector by Matt Collander (30 mins)
- Fruitflies by Bruce Jennings (5 mins)
- Prodigal Daughters trailer from Mandy Altimus (3 mins)
- Michael Balas' music videos and demo reel (20 mins)
- Trailer (9 min), Virtual Delusion (4 min) by Mike Norton

Raffle for DVDs: Donald Gregory's Pizza The Movie and others.

For more information about Cleveland IndieClub, visit Cleveland
IndieClub @
http://www.clevelandindieclub.com

Organized and sponsored by Johnny K. Wu & Media Design Imaging
(www.mdifilm.com). Co-sponsored by Michael Balas & Media Group Studios
(www.mediagroupstudios.com), David Perkowski & The Hyacinth Lofts
(www.thehyacinthlofts.com), Bill Johns & Cinevid Productions
(www.cinevidproductions.com), the Cleveland IndieClub members, and the
current monthly host.

Next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 20.

==================================
Media Design Imaging
innovates and break the molds of visual creation
http://www.mdifilm.com
216.373.3278

President (2004 & 2005)
Organization of Chinese American of Greater Cleveland
OCAGC
http://www.ocagc.org

Wu Jia Quan Shu (Art of Wu Family System)
2800 years old Family Style Martial Arts
http://www.wujiaquan.com