[NEohioPAL]Reading Talent...further info

Jamey Mixson memakefilm at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 13:02:21 PDT 2005

--0-1673456855-1127678541=:8911

I am still looking for a few courageous people to go into untested waters with me as a marketing tactic of and for a book I'm releasing. I firmly realize that in recent months the Cleveland area talent pool has been up in arms about PAY ME or F! You! circumstance...I get that. However, I've personally gotten responses to my posting blatantly saying:

"Cool, I like the idea...how much?"

I've lived in LA where talent is willing to walk on water to get thru the door. Why out here in the middle (take offense if you please) are people (collectively, maybe not you exactly) so pretentious. It's insane!

I'm asking again: looking for a handful of people to read a chapter (15 minutes of life) of my book. Do I have to pay $600 per hour for 15 minutes? Foremost that that would be counter productive of a SELF PUBLISHED Author. Self published by choice. I can't afford that right now. Publishing a book wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Am I willing to pay your travel expense across town, allow you for to hang out at a way cool party, roll a few bucks in your hand...probably.

Live and let live folks...GEEZ!

memakefilm at yahoo.com
*I'm expecting a rash of ranters now...!

--0-1673456855-1127678541=:8911

<DIV>I am still looking for a few courageous people to go into untested waters with me as a marketing tactic of and for a book I'm releasing. I firmly realize that in recent months the Cleveland area talent pool has been up in arms about PAY ME or F! You! circumstance...I get that. However, I've personally gotten responses to my posting blatantly saying:</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>"Cool, I like the idea...<EM><STRONG>how much?</STRONG></EM>"</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I've lived in LA where talent is willing to <U><EM><STRONG>walk on water</STRONG></EM></U> to get thru the door. Why out here in the middle (take offense if you please) are people (collectively, maybe not you exactly) so pretentious. It's insane!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I'm asking again: looking for a handful of people to read a chapter (15 minutes of life) of my book. Do I have to pay $600 per hour for 15 minutes? Foremost that that would be counter productive of a SELF PUBLISHED Author. Self published by choice. I can't afford that right now. Publishing a book wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Am I willing to pay your travel expense across town, allow you for to hang out at a way cool party, roll a few bucks in your hand...probably. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Live and let live folks...GEEZ!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:memakefilm at yahoo.com">memakefilm at yahoo.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>*I'm expecting a rash of ranters now...!</DIV>
--0-1673456855-1127678541=:8911--