[NEohioPAL]2006 Albee New Play Workshop Information

JT Buck jtbuck at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:17:01 PDT 2005

<P>Dear NE Ohio Playwrights:</P>
<P>A few weeks investment could pay huge artistic dividends.  Read my personal 'testimony', then Check out the press release below. </P>
<P>As the producer of last year's Albee New Play Workshop, I had the chance to watch Pulitzer-prize winner Lanford Wilson guide a group of young writers from rough draft to opening night.  This festival is a dream for young writers, and Mr. Wilson is not only a legendary craftsman, but an AMAZING teacher.  We have a rich pool of talented actors, and our performances played to capacity houses last year.  </P>
<P>I was so impressed with the process, I've re-upped for another year, this time as a director. </P>
<P>Take a few weeks off, and come learn from the best! Check out the press release below for information.  </P>
<P> - JT Buck</P>
<P>_______________________________________________________________</P>
<P>From The University of Houston.........................</P>
<CENTER><SPAN class=featurehead>NEXT GENERATION OF PLAYWRIGHTS SOUGHT FOR UH’S ALBEE WORKSHOP</SPAN> </CENTER>
<P>The University of Houston’s School of Theatre is looking for a few good playwrights.</P>
<P>The school is accepting submissions for its distinguished Edward Albee New Playwrights Workshop next spring. All writing samples (poetry, scripts, short stories or plays) must be submitted by 5 p.m., Friday, Nov. 4. </P>
<P>For the third year in a row, Pulitzer Prize-winning dramatist and Distinguished Lecturer Lanford Wilson will work with students in developing original plays and guiding them through the production process.</P>
<P>“This is a dream come true for budding playwrights,” said Sidney Berger, director of the School of Theatre. “It is truly rare that the next generation of playwrights can learn directly from an esteemed veteran such as Lanford Wilson.” </P>
<P>In 2004, Wilson was recruited to oversee the workshop by its founder, Pulitzer Prize winner and UH Distinguished Professor of Theatre Edward Albee. He founded the workshop in 1989.</P>
<P>All participants must be accepted by Wilson and must enroll at UH. Submissions should be sent to:</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Lanford Wilson Submissions <BR>University of Houston<BR>School of Theatre, 133 Wortham <BR>Houston, TX 77204-4016 </P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>For work to be returned, submissions should be enclosed in a self-addressed stamped manila envelope. For more information, call 713-743-3003.</P>
<P>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=650 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width=68><STRONG>WHAT:</STRONG></TD>
<TD vAlign=top width=562>2006 Edward Albee New Playwrights Workshop submissions</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top><STRONG>WHEN:</STRONG></TD>
<TD vAlign=top>School of Theatre accepting submissions through 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top><STRONG>WHERE:</STRONG></TD>
<TD vAlign=top>University of Houston<BR>School of Theatre, 133 Wortham <BR>Houston, TX 77204-4016 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top><STRONG>WHO:</STRONG></TD>
<TD vAlign=top>University of Houston School of Theatre</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- #EndEditable --></P>
<P><B>For more information</B> about UH visit the university’s ‘Newsroom’ at <A href="http://www.uh.edu/admin/media/newsroom">www.uh.edu/admin/media/newsroom</A>. </P></DIV></div></html>