[NEohioPAL]for colored girls . . . / when the rainbow is enuf on stage THIS WEEKEND

Maz848 at aol.com Maz848 at aol.com
Thu Oct 6 13:11:31 PDT 2005

--part1_1a3.3db56721.3076def3_boundary

The Tony Award-winning play For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide /=20
When the Rainbow is Enuf by Ntozake Shange takes the stage today at Fireston=
e=20
Theatre.  It will be presented in the Auditorium at Firestone High School at=
=20
7:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 6, Friday, October 7, and Saturday, October 8=
,=20
2005. Tickets are available at the door for $7.00 on the night of performanc=
e.=20

Find out more about Firestone Theatre, the production of For Colored Girls .=
=20
. . , and season subscriptions by visiting our website at=20
www.FirestoneTheatre.com.

=E2=80=9CNtozake Shange=E2=80=99s words ring as clear today for young Africa=
n-American woman=20
as they did when she penned them,=E2=80=9D says Jennifer Jeter, guest direct=
or. =E2=80=9C
Shange made it possible for women who may have felt invisible in American so=
ciety=20
to be heard.=E2=80=9D=20

Firestone Theatre is the play-producing component of the high school visual=20
and performing arts program for the Akron Public Schools. The magnet arts=20
theatre program, which is housed at Firestone High School, is open via audit=
ion and=20
open enrollment to any incoming ninth grade student.=C2=A0 The International=
=20
Network of Visual and Performing Arts Schools designated Firestone High Scho=
ol in=20
2001 as a "Star School."

--part1_1a3.3db56721.3076def3_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">The Tony Award-winning play <B><I>F=
or Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide / When the Rainbow is Enuf </B>=
</I>by Ntozake Shange takes the stage today at Firestone Theatre.  It w=
ill be presented in the Auditorium at Firestone High School at 7:30 p.m. on=20=
Thursday, October 6, Friday, October 7, and Saturday, October 8, 2005. Ticke=
ts are available at the door for $7.00 on the night of performance. <BR>
<BR>
Find out more about Firestone Theatre, the production of <B><I>For Colored G=
irls . . . </B></I>, and season subscriptions by visiting our website at www=
.FirestoneTheatre.com.<BR>
<BR>
=E2=80=9CNtozake Shange=E2=80=99s words ring as clear today for young Africa=
n-American woman as they did when she penned them,=E2=80=9D says Jennifer Je=
ter, guest director. =E2=80=9CShange made it possible for women who may have=
 felt invisible in American society to be heard.=E2=80=9D <BR>
<BR>
Firestone Theatre is the play-producing component of the high school visual=20=
and performing arts program for the Akron Public Schools. The magnet arts th=
eatre program, which is housed at Firestone High School, is open via auditio=
n and open enrollment to any incoming ninth grade student.=C2=A0 The Interna=
tional Network of Visual and Performing Arts Schools designated Firestone Hi=
gh School in 2001 as a "Star School."<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1a3.3db56721.3076def3_boundary--