[NEohioPAL]Basta! Don't mourn! Create!

TONY BROWN TBROWN at plaind.com
Fri Oct 7 13:07:48 PDT 2005

This is my first posting on this forum. I'd rather observe than participate=
, since I have my own forum. But out of this I can no longer remain.

As for the particulars of the matter: Just as anyone is free to gather on =
Public Square and proclaim his or her sexual identity, so are those =
opposed to them free to say so. This is the foundation of the First =
Amendment, and the American Civil Liberties Union has gone to court to =
defend the rights of the KKK to rally and speak (rally and speak, mind =
you, not maim and kill -- there is a difference). We must tolerate until, =
as Voltaire put it, we encounter the intolerable. But speech isn't =
intolerable, even if we don't particularly agree with it or like it. If =
you take away the rights of the opposition, you may be endangering YOUR =
rights.

More important, however, I'd like to say this to the creative souls who =
haunt this forum: Instead of squabbling, why don't one or more of you =
theatrical geniuses go out and CREATE something out of this. Hell, if =
there isn't a good comedy in here somewhere, I'll gladly eat my critical =
hat.

Tony