[NEohioPAL]homos heteros

Scott Esposito slscott_esposito at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 09:51:58 PDT 2005

--0-516604890-1128703918=:40451

Dear Heather,

First off, I've never posted on NEohioPAL, and I'd like to thank Fred for this terrific public service.

Now, on to the business at hand...

Heather, you ask why "homosexuals feel such a great need to make a big deal about their sexuality."  Well, as a homosexual, let me tell you why.  We are a minority group that deals with a myriad of problems.  We are a people who are discriminated against both in private and public life.  We are told simply because we are gay that we are wrong and immoral.  We are relegated to second-class citizenship in this country.  I pay first-class taxes, support our troops, put in a full day's work every day and yet am subjected to the following:

1 - Until the 2003 landmark Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas, in many states it was illegal for me to have consensual sex with my partner in the privacy of my own home.
2 - Many states in this great country of ours, including Ohio, still have discriminatory employment laws that allow for a person to be fired simply on the basis of their sexual orientation.
3 - After the 2003 Massachusetts Supreme Court decision in Goodridge v. Public Health Department made marriage equality a possibility in this country, state after state, again including Ohio, wrote discrimination into their constitutions.  Each state may have worded it differently, but each state that has passed an amendment has barred one specific group of people, gays and lesbians, from the right to marry.
4- Finally, outside of any legal issues, gay men and women face hatred and misunderstanding at home as well - from family, former friends and bigots on the street, among others.

So to answer your question, why do I feel the need to "run around and promote my sexual choice?"  (We'll get the word "choice" in a minute...)  I feel the need to promote understanding and education in terms of sexual orientation.  What other way can we change minds and hearts, but through discussion and education?  If women had never stood up for themselves and talked... no, not talked... demanded voting equality, the right to own property, the right to be an individual even within a marriage, they would not be the full citizens they are today.  In this country and many others around the world women were the property of their husbands when they married.  Two became one, that one being the husband.  There were "coverture" laws on the books, which dictated that "when entering a marriage a woman's identity was "covered" by that of her husband - essentially reducing her to his chattle or property." (from "Why Marriage Matters" by Evan Wolfson, page 63)  Did women stay silent and gain
 the rights they have today?  No.  They spoke up.  They felt the need to "run around and promote" who they were.  Good for them.

And in terms of the word "choice..."  Well, Heather, I can't speak for every gay person, but I did not choose to be gay.  I was born this way.  I am proud of who I am, it is "my humanity" as you call it.  And I am a fairly happy, well adjusted person.  You may be as well.  I don't know.  But I do know this... If I didn't open my mouth, or in this case type on my keyboard, you might have continued through your life with the belief that creating dialog for further understanding and tolerance of a misunderstood community is "bragging."  And I just didn't want you to keep thinking that was the case.

Thanks for your time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some sex.

Sincerely,

Scott Esposito
Actor

HMP <hmp at hmpevents.com> wrote: Who cares!
If you are homesexual - great!
If you are heterosexual - great!
Why do homosexuals feel such a great need to make a big deal about their
sexuality.
Just be who you are and quit caring what other people think.
In history and in the animal kingdom, there has always been different sexual
desires. Quit making such a big deal about it and recognize this as your
humanity.
Why the need to run around and promote your sexual choice? I guess it would
be akin to Kareem Abdul Jabar (?) bragging about his 12000 conquests?
Quit bragging about your sexual preference and go have some sex. Maybe
you'll feel better.
And the same goes for the prudes.
Heather

HMP Special Events & Promotions
www.HMPevents.com
440-888-3575

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good
--0-516604890-1128703918=:40451

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Dear Heather,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>First off, I've never posted on NEohioPAL, and I'd like to thank Fred for this terrific public service.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Now, on to the business at hand...</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Heather, you ask why "homosexuals feel such a great need to make a big deal about their sexuality."  Well, as a homosexual, let me tell you why.  We are a minority group that deals with a myriad of problems.  We are a people who are discriminated against both in private and public life.  We are told simply because we are gay that we are wrong and immoral.  We are relegated to second-class citizenship in this country.  I pay first-class taxes, support our troops, put in a full day's work every day and yet am subjected to the following:</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>1 - Until the 2003 landmark Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas, in many states it was illegal for me to have consensual sex with my partner in the privacy of my own home.</DIV>
<DIV>2 - Many states in this great country of ours, including Ohio, still have discriminatory employment laws that allow for a person to be fired simply on the basis of their sexual orientation.</DIV>
<DIV>3 - After the 2003 Massachusetts Supreme Court decision in Goodridge v. Public Health Department made marriage equality a possibility in this country, state after state, again including Ohio, wrote discrimination into their constitutions.  Each state may have worded it differently, but each state that has passed an amendment has barred one specific group of people, gays and lesbians, from the right to marry.</DIV>
<DIV>4- Finally, outside of any legal issues, gay men and women face hatred and misunderstanding at home as well - from family, former friends and bigots on the street, among others.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>So to answer your question, why do I feel the need to "run around and promote my sexual choice?"  (We'll get the word "choice" in a minute...)  I feel the need to promote understanding and education in terms of sexual orientation.  What other way can we change minds and hearts, but through discussion and education?  If women had never stood up for themselves and talked... no, not talked... demanded voting equality, the right to own property, the right to be an individual even within a marriage, they would not be the full citizens they are today.  In this country and many others around the world women were the property of their husbands when they married.  Two became one, that one being the husband.  There were "coverture" laws on the books, which dictated that "when entering a marriage a woman's identity was "covered" by that of her husband - essentially reducing her to his chattle or property." (from "Why Marriage Matters" by Evan Wolfson,
 page 63)  Did women stay silent and gain the rights they have today?  No.  They spoke up.  They felt the need to "run around and promote" who they were.  Good for them.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>And in terms of the word "choice..."  Well, Heather, I can't speak for every gay person, but I did not choose to be gay.  I was born this way.  I am proud of who I am, it is "my humanity" as you call it.  And I am a fairly happy, well adjusted person.  You may be as well.  I don't know.  But I do know this... If I didn't open my mouth, or in this case type on my keyboard, you might have continued through your life with the belief that creating dialog for further understanding and tolerance of a misunderstood community is "bragging."  And I just didn't want you to keep thinking that was the case.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for your time.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have some sex.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Scott Esposito</DIV>
<DIV>Actor</DIV><BR><BR><B><I>HMP <hmp at hmpevents.com></I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Who cares!<BR>If you are homesexual - great!<BR>If you are heterosexual - great!<BR>Why do homosexuals feel such a great need to make a big deal about their<BR>sexuality.<BR>Just be who you are and quit caring what other people think.<BR>In history and in the animal kingdom, there has always been different sexual<BR>desires. Quit making such a big deal about it and recognize this as your<BR>humanity.<BR>Why the need to run around and promote your sexual choice? I guess it would<BR>be akin to Kareem Abdul Jabar (?) bragging about his 12000 conquests? <BR>Quit bragging about your sexual preference and go have some sex. Maybe<BR>you'll feel better.<BR>And the same goes for the prudes.<BR>Heather<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>HMP Special Events & Promotions<BR>www.HMPevents.com <HTTP: www.HMPevents.com><BR>440-888-3575<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! for Good<br>

--0-516604890-1128703918=:40451--