[NEohioPAL]Genocide, Racism, and Homophobia - CONNECT THE DOTS

rfwb2000 at aol.com rfwb2000 at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 13:06:25 PDT 2005

----------MailBlocks_8C79991BB155601_127C_6D46_FWM-D28.sysops.aol.com

C.BELL cab00244 at yahoo.com writes;

AND STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE THAT ITS THE SAME!!!!

This is perhaps one of the most ignorant and shameful statements I have ever read, and I will not even legitimize it by commenting on it in any more than a passing note:

ANY TIME THERE IS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST A GROUP OF PEOPLE IT IS BASED IN HATRED and IGNORANCE. For that reason, these causes are inextricably linked to one another. If you find offense in it, please examine your own feelings and biases to find the cause of that offense.

My sexual orientation is no more a "choice" than your skin color. Disagree all you may like, but having lived this particular struggle, AND lost loved ones, AND seen the suffering in much the same way YOU have, gives my testimony of a SIMPLE TRUTH far more weight than your ignorant speculation that my persecution is the result of some "choice".

The only difference between our struggle and yours is that today's hatred wears a much more clever and more thorough disguise.

Instead of trying to categorize and marginalize and claim "credit" for a struggle (what a PREPOSTEROUS notion, to want to lay claim to discrimination as though it is an exclusive province) why don't we all recognize the common thread and the common enemy, and try to lift one another up? My struggle (and the LEGITIMACY that results from it) in NO WAY detracts from your own.

Thanks.

RFB