[NEohioPAL]Hannah Delmonte in Broadway's Fiddler on the Roof

JWizardM at aol.com JWizardM at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 07:24:56 PST 2005

-------------------------------1131290696

NEOhioPAL,

Going to college at New York University and living in New York City is full
of sensations.  All the honking and sirens are sensational, and  getting hit
by cars with out-of-state license plates is even better!   The Bush protesters
make you feel welcome and the street beggars make you  feel well-off.  Of all
the excitement I've been having here, perhaps my  favorite moment was seeing
Hannah Delmonte play Beilke on Broadway.

Most people probably attend the show to see Hannah's costars Harvey
Feirstein (the humble feller who won five Tonys and wrote La Cage aux Folles) as
Tevye, or even to see Golde played by Rosie O'Donell (she, well, did lotsa
stuff).  For me at least, seeing Hannah on stage meant more.

I got to see a girl I know from Spanish class prance around on a stage in
the middle of Times Square.  I got to see a girl who's spent her whole
childhood shining brightly through in community theater.  I got to see  Hannah, who
has worked so hard for this, finally land her first Broadway  role.

Hannah is exceptional playing a child about half her age.  She runs  around
on stage like a little girl, and she giggles and does little girl things  all
the time.  For those of you familiar with the show, Hannah hands Reb.  Nachem
(the beggar) a leaf just prior to the exodus scene as a "gift" with a  childish
smirk.  As the Jews were forcibly removed from their hometown,  Hannah was
excited for their plans to go on a boat and a train.  In fact,  her every move
was executed in the perfect Hannah-like way.  If I didn't  know better, I would
wonder how they trained such a young actress to be so  well-behaved for the
show.

Oy gavolt.  As I write this, I feel like I'm making her seem like she  fits
right in as a Broadway actress (the way it could and probably should  be).  But
no.  Hannah Delmonte shone even on the Times Square  stage.  We all know this
girl's got major things coming for her and I just  had to report that I
verified it myself.

If you're going to be in NYC, try to get the chance to see Hannah's  Broadway
debut.  A tip: get student rush tickets the day of the show for  25% of the
price.  You can still see everything well from the back, and  there's almost
always tickets available.  Plus, they don't usually check  for student IDs.  I
saw a family of four buy them!

Hannah has always heard, "I can't wait to see you on Broadway!"  I've  been
one of the guilty to inform Hannah of this.  However, it is so  freaking cool
to get to tell her personally, "I can't wait to see you on  Broadway again."

Jared Markowitz

-------------------------------1131290696

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2769" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Comic Sans MS" color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>NEOhioPAL,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Going to college at New York University and living in New York City is=20=
full=20
of sensations.  All the honking and sirens are sensational, and=20
getting hit by cars with out-of-state license plates is even better! =20
The Bush protesters make you feel welcome and the street beggars make y=
ou=20
feel well-off.  Of all the excitement I've been having here, perhaps my=
=20
favorite moment was seeing Hannah Delmonte play Beilke on Broadway.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Most people probably attend the show to see Hannah's costars Harvey=20
Feirstein (the humble feller who won five Tonys and wrote La Cage aux Folles=
) as=20
Tevye, or even to see Golde played by Rosie O'Donell (she, well, did lotsa=20
stuff).  For me at least, seeing Hannah on stage meant more.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I got to see a girl I know from Spanish class prance around on a stage=20=
in=20
the middle of Times Square.  I got to see a girl who's spent her whole=20
childhood shining brightly through in community theater.  I got to see=20
Hannah, who has worked so hard for this, finally land her first Broadway=20
role.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Hannah is exceptional playing a child about half her age.  She run=
s=20
around on stage like a little girl, and she giggles and does little girl thi=
ngs=20
all the time.  For those of you familiar with the show, Hannah hands Re=
b.=20
Nachem (the beggar) a leaf just prior to the exodus scene as a "gift" with a=
=20
childish smirk.  As the Jews were forcibly removed from their hometown,=
=20
Hannah was excited for their plans to go on a boat and a train.  In fac=
t,=20
her every move was executed in the perfect Hannah-like way.  If I didn'=
t=20
know better, I would wonder how they trained such a young actress to be so=20
well-behaved for the show.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Oy gavolt.  As I write this, I feel like I'm making her seem like=20=
she=20
fits right in as a Broadway actress (the way it could and probably should=20
be).  But no.  Hannah Delmonte shone even on the Times Square=20
stage.  We all know this girl's got major things coming for her and I j=
ust=20
had to report that I verified it myself.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If you're going to be in NYC, try to get the chance to see Hannah's=20
Broadway debut.  A tip: get student rush tickets the day of the show fo=
r=20
25% of the price.  You can still see everything well from the back, and=
=20
there's almost always tickets available.  Plus, they don't usually chec=
k=20
for student IDs.  I saw a family of four buy them!</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Hannah has always heard, "I can't wait to see you on Broadway!"  I=
've=20
been one of the guilty to inform Hannah of this.  However, it is so=20
freaking cool to get to tell her personally, "I can't wait to see you on=20
Broadway again."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Jared Markowitz</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>