[NEohioPAL]TV Dinner Club Museum Opening in downtown Akron Friday Nov 18

wsd wsd at infionline.net
Mon Nov 14 21:32:48 PST 2005

My friend Dave Blewette, of Grandmother's Video Productions, is opening
his television memorabilia museum this Friday, Nov 18th from 4 to 7 PM.
It's on Main St right next to the library. I'm on the board of directors
and have been helping him set up the displays. You will see antique
televisions of all shapes and sizes, plus vast collections of games,
toys, dolls, books, lunch boxes, costumes, and more -- organized by
genre: westerns, science fiction, sit-coms, kid shows, comedies, dramas
and so on. Come to the opening party if you can -- it's free and
fascinating. The collection will be open to the public by appointment
and on Sunday afternoons from 2 - 4 PM. You can arrange to take a group
or a class through the exhibit by contacting Dave. See details below.

Wendy S. Duke
Akron, OH

*Subject:* For Immediate Release: MEMORY LANE MEETS MAIN STREET

www.tvdinnerclub.org <http://www.tvdinnerclub.org/>
info at tvdinnerclub.org <mailto:info at tvdinnerclub.org>

November 7, 2005

Contact(s) David Blewette 330-849-0119- Curator
Mark Williamson 330-375-2538-Volunteer Guy

* *
*MEMORY LANE MEETS MAIN STREET*
*/THEN THERE WERE THREE/*

and to change the channel you had to make a trip all the way from the
couch to the set. Maybe you even had to stand there adjusting the
“rabbit ears” or even hold them so the rest of the family could enjoy
better reception on the screen.

Hundreds of channels and new technology have completely changed our
viewing habits and our lives. But the TV Dinner Club Museum on South
Main Street can take you back via the art and artifacts of mid 20th
century American television.

Remember TV lunchboxes? TV repair tools? A TV repairman? The TV Dinner
Club Museum will reveal itself in its first exhibition, “The TV Zone”
Friday, November 18, 2004 from 4-7 p.m. at 35 South Main in the
Chemstress Building. Chemstress has donated the space for the museum
that will have, from the TV era: toys; TV Guides; advertisements;
television show scripts; biographies; anthologies; board games;
autographs; puzzles; toy televisions; action figures; interviews;
gadgets and more.

The 2, 500 square foot TV Dinner Club Museum is wall-to-wall antique TVs
and everything television. With more than 70 antique and unusual
television sets all designed to entertain and educate. Parts of this
collection, according to curator David Blewette, have been displayed in
other museums and galleries over the last 15 years.

“These pieces have received rave reviews,” said Blewette. “I would hope
to see the same reaction here.”

The TV Zone is presented by an all volunteer group. A visit will usually
consist of a roughly 15-minute guided tour, followed by time for
on-your-own browsing. TV Zone is available seven days per week to groups
wanting to pay a visit.

For more information, you should contact David Blewette at 330-849-0119
or via e mail at david at grannysvideo.com <mailto:david at grannysvideo.com>.
The web address is www.tvdinner.org <http://www.tvdinner.org/>.